Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How I feel about abortion (EDIT)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question: Did my mom do the right thing?

Options:

Yes, she was right to force you to get an abortion.

No, you should have been able to make the decision on your own.

Other--please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 64

View Results

I have been told that I am not right when it comes to my views on abortion...my honest opinion is that abortion should be the last resort...I am pro-life for myself and pro-choice for everyone else...this is because of something that happened to me when I was a child...at the age of 12 I was forced into getting an abortion...my step-dad raped me for years and I ended up getting pregnant by him...my mom took me to the doctor and made me get an abortion...that was 17 years ago and I still feel guilty over it...I did not get the choice...could I have been able to be a mom at 12 no of course not...but do you think that I should have been forced to do something that I had been told my entire life was murder

Edit: Thank you to all the ladies that have offered kind words...I was honestly worried about putting this up here...I am currently in therapy and have been for several years...there is a lot more to my story but this is the current area that I am getting help for...I still have a lot of work to do and have already done a lot...my therapist says that if I talk about what happened to me then it will help...I am not yet ready to do this in real life but I am thankful to all of you that has read this and offered support and kind words

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Bump

EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I am so sorry that happened to you. I too am pro life for myself and pro choice for other. I would never tell others what to do with their own bodies. It should be a choice everyone makes on their own, no matter how young they are.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
You had no choice in being raped. You then had no choice in what to do with the pregnancy. you must have felt so helpless. I am so sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Thank you helpless doesn't even begin to explain how I felt

Quoting Anonymous:

You had no choice in being raped. You then had no choice in what to do with the pregnancy. you must have felt so helpless. I am so sorry.

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM

did your mom stay with that POS?  I am so sorry you had to go through that

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I feel the same way...now I have had to live with the aftermath not my mom

Quoting EAzizM:

I am so sorry that happened to you. I too am pro life for myself and pro choice for other. I would never tell others what to do with their own bodies. It should be a choice everyone makes on their own, no matter how young they are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Ignore people who tell you that you are not right on your views on abortion.  You have just as much right to an opinion as anyone else.

Your opinion is very close to mine, actually.  It is very similar to many women on cm, it seems.  I have read all the abortion threads in the last few days,  and so many women say they would not have an abortion themselves, but would not outlaw it...

I am sorry that hapenned to you. I think you should have been given a say in the abortion.  I know you were very young, but you were the one going through it.  

AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
No one should be FORCED to get an abortion, its all about choice.
I am so sorry you had to experience all that.

But, had you have had the choice would you have had the child at 12?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Yes she stayed with him her way of fixing everything was to kick me out of the house...I moved in with my dad at that point

Quoting sfkdny:

did your mom stay with that POS?  I am so sorry you had to go through that

tarakay0417
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I am sorry that happened to you. None of it should have happened.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured