Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My pediatrician keeps kissing my baby...**ETA** ***ETA #2***

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a newborn, I took her to the dr at 4 days old for her first weight check then just again at 11 days old for another weight check. When he picks her up after exam he kisses her, twice the first time and once the second.

How would you feel about this?

ETA: To answer some repeated questions

He is american male high 30's low 40's. I'm not saying I think he is a pervert, I was just shocked! I just wanted opinions and to see how other moms would feel or react!

ETA #2

Ok, so the kisses were on the back of her head and her forehead. He is my son dr as well but only for the last year so ive met him 3 other times. He is not a family friend or anything. He has never been inapproiate with my son or anything like that or i obviously wouldnt have taken my daughter to him.

I feel that it was unprofessional and pretty inapproiate considering he is a dr and he of all peoople should know how dangerous germs are to a 4 day old baby.I do not feel this way only because he is a man, a dr is a dr to me

To the women calling me a liar, read the replies, so many women said their drs do this so get the hell out of my post

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I wouldn't care.

Byrd15
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Um no.... Sorry, I don't like others that I don't know well kissing my babies. Back off Sir. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Back of head and side of forehead

Quoting divinedimension:

Where does he kiss her?

AleaKat
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM
7 moms liked this
Oh we have the greatest male pediatrician!
We have gone through 2 female ped and both if them were so-so.
We absolutely love our new one.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I don't even trust male pediatricians anyway.  Just like I don't go to a male ob/gyn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe it's a cultural thing. My MILs boyfriend has to touch a baby on the arm or head or wherever to wish them a healthy life.
NNB
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM
6 moms liked this

Aww, i think it's sweet, like he cares for babies:)

AleaKat
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Tell him you don't like it or get a new one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
5 moms liked this

I think it depends on the intent behind it... my PCP, depending on the reason for my visit will give me a hug and a kiss on the forehead before I leave.  At first I thought it was odd, but I know she only means it to be conforting, and I take it as such.  It is nice to have a Dr. that cares enough about me to really talk to me and not just go through the "checklist", and if that means getting a hug and peck on the forehead after my appointment, I am fine with that.

Toxic.Stardust
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM
10 moms liked this

uh, really? Why?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I don't even trust male pediatricians anyway.  Just like I don't go to a male ob/gyn.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont know about a newborn?  but my daughters endocronoligst was too chummy and huggy with her 7 year old brother, as it turned out, he was arrested for child molestation... i was blown away..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)