Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My pediatrician keeps kissing my baby...**ETA** ***ETA #2***

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a newborn, I took her to the dr at 4 days old for her first weight check then just again at 11 days old for another weight check. When he picks her up after exam he kisses her, twice the first time and once the second.

How would you feel about this?

ETA: To answer some repeated questions

He is american male high 30's low 40's. I'm not saying I think he is a pervert, I was just shocked! I just wanted opinions and to see how other moms would feel or react!

ETA #2

Ok, so the kisses were on the back of her head and her forehead. He is my son dr as well but only for the last year so ive met him 3 other times. He is not a family friend or anything. He has never been inapproiate with my son or anything like that or i obviously wouldnt have taken my daughter to him.

I feel that it was unprofessional and pretty inapproiate considering he is a dr and he of all peoople should know how dangerous germs are to a 4 day old baby.I do not feel this way only because he is a man, a dr is a dr to me

To the women calling me a liar, read the replies, so many women said their drs do this so get the hell out of my post

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
6 moms liked this
So yes the answer is because they have a penis. Lol

If they had a vagina you'd find them more caring.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

No, because they lack the emotions that women have.  Way to assume though.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

just because they have a penis?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Just don't trust them.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

uh, really? Why?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I don't even trust male pediatricians anyway.  Just like I don't go to a male ob/gyn.

Toxic.Stardust
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
9 moms liked this

you're talking to ME about assuming? lol, oh the irony

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Just don't trust them.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

uh, really? Why?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I don't even trust male pediatricians anyway.  Just like I don't go to a male ob/gyn.

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
3 moms liked this

So you assume this of all male pediatricians just because of one bad experience?

I have had more issues out of female pediatricians than I have ever had out of the male pedi's in my sons drs office. They are all wonderful, however the 2 females on the other hand are complete menstrual bitches and act like they're being bothered anytime I have a question.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Just don't trust them.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

uh, really? Why?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh HELL no! The receptionist at my pediatricians office is always hugging and kissing my kids when they come in....but that cause she's their grandma lol ;-)
MrsBridges19
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Who said anything about predators?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because females cant be predators huh?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like you are assuming and generalizing

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Just don't trust them.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

uh, really? Why?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

AleaKat
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I understand. I had a male OBGYN with my first and I absolutely hated him. He was a good dr but his bed side manner sucked!
He wouldn't answer my questions and kept treating me like I was just supposed to know all this already.

Needless to say I got a female OBGYN with my second child.

Our male pediatrician has been wonderful especially since we have boys. He works with us in everything. He is great at coming up with a good compromise between his medical knowledge and our beliefs.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

The one that we have has seen them since they were first born and we LOVE her.  She used to work under a different one, a male one, and we bought our children in for a well visit and one of our children had a bit of baby acne.  He decided to mention that it wouldn't scar.  Even though that wasn't something we were thinking about.  Also, when one of our children were about 6 months old, we had to rush him to the ER and he was admitted because he had stopped breathing.  That same male pediatrician made sure to mention that our 6 month old wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything until he saw him in the am.  No one came until about noon the next day and it wasn't even him.  I was livid.  Thankfully, we had nice and sweet nurses that gave the poor baby some sugar water because he was STARVING.  Ever since then, I didn't even want to so much as look at that man.

Quoting AleaKat:

Oh we have the greatest male pediatrician!
We have gone through 2 female ped and both if them were so-so.
We absolutely love our new one.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBridges19

Personal choice.  I'm allowed to have it.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

So you assume this of all male pediatricians just because of one bad experience?

I have had more issues out of female pediatricians than I have ever had out of the male pedi's in my sons drs office. They are all wonderful, however the 2 females on the other hand are complete menstrual bitches and act like they're being bothered anytime I have a question.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Just don't trust them.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

uh, really? Why?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I dunno. I always want to kiss babies when I see them. They're so precious, helpless , and innocent. I suppise it feels like a kiss is the best way to relay that I am no danger. I would never kiss some else's baby though.
Lizardannie1966
6 moms liked this

I would think it was a sweet gesture and unless I had other reasons to suspect the man was a weirdo, I wouldn't blink twice at the affection.

Something about a baby can make grown men turn to mush.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a newborn, I took her to the dr at 4 days old for her first weight check then just again at 11 days old for another weight check. When he picks her up after exam he kisses her, twice the first time and once the second.

How would you feel about this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN