Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My pediatrician keeps kissing my baby...**ETA** ***ETA #2***

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a newborn, I took her to the dr at 4 days old for her first weight check then just again at 11 days old for another weight check. When he picks her up after exam he kisses her, twice the first time and once the second.

How would you feel about this?

ETA: To answer some repeated questions

He is american male high 30's low 40's. I'm not saying I think he is a pervert, I was just shocked! I just wanted opinions and to see how other moms would feel or react!

ETA #2

Ok, so the kisses were on the back of her head and her forehead. He is my son dr as well but only for the last year so ive met him 3 other times. He is not a family friend or anything. He has never been inapproiate with my son or anything like that or i obviously wouldnt have taken my daughter to him.

I feel that it was unprofessional and pretty inapproiate considering he is a dr and he of all peoople should know how dangerous germs are to a 4 day old baby.I do not feel this way only because he is a man, a dr is a dr to me

To the women calling me a liar, read the replies, so many women said their drs do this so get the hell out of my post

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
MrsBridges19
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM

No, the answer is no.

Quoting Anonymous:

So yes the answer is because they have a penis. Lol

If they had a vagina you'd find them more caring.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

No, because they lack the emotions that women have.  Way to assume though.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

just because they have a penis?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Just don't trust them.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

uh, really? Why?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I don't even trust male pediatricians anyway.  Just like I don't go to a male ob/gyn.

PolkaDots3220
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't care. It's a bay, everyone loves then and loves to kiss them :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's weird and would ask him to stop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:08 AM
3 moms liked this
How is it no?
You said men are not as caring as women

Men have penis women have vagina

You are being sexist.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

No, the answer is no.

Quoting Anonymous:

So yes the answer is because they have a penis. Lol

If they had a vagina you'd find them more caring.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

No, because they lack the emotions that women have.  Way to assume though.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

just because they have a penis?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Just don't trust them.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

uh, really? Why?

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I don't even trust male pediatricians anyway.  Just like I don't go to a male ob/gyn.

Emilytrademark
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I've been to a handful of pediatricians and the best I have ever had is male! But I think he might be gay. Not that that matters. :) I haven't had a male OBGYN though.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

BabyFruit Ticker
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

The nurse that usually sees my step daughters baby is very affectionate with her. When my kids were babies I don't ever remember the nurses or doctor kissing or hugging my kids. I was a little weirded out after the visit with my step daughter, as was she. We both were like looking at each other wondering what was going on. The nurse just kept kissing her on the head and holding her talking about how cute she was, and it took about 15 minutes for her to even start discussing why we were there. I guess it's just an individual thing. Some of them really love babies and want to cuddle and kiss them, and some are strictly professional, at least that's what we walked away assuming. I really hope it wasn't something to be concerned about. She doesn't use that doctors office anymore anyway, so we really just let it go.

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'm the opposite for the most part, although our primary care PA is a woman, whom I love and trust completely.

I preferred male pediatricians and obstetricians for the majority of my adult life. I just had a better rapport with men over women when it came to medicine in general.

But you're absolutely right--it IS your choice and only YOU can make it. If you're not comfortable with a physician, regardless of the reason, the overall experience is going to be bad for you if you stay.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Personal choice.  I'm allowed to have it.

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Weird. Why not say something to him or someone who can talk to him about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
If its on the forehead I would be fine with it.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
My pedi is like that too, but after twenty years and three babies I trust him. We live in a very rural area, he was in the delivery room when they were born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN