Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

its the childs fault she was raped

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 298 Replies
Lets say a 12 yr old girl goes online and says she's 18. She then agrees to meet a grown man who thinks he's meeting a 18 yr old for sex.
They meet and have sex.
Somehow the cops are notified and he is arrested for child rape.

Isn't it her fault for lying about her age and agreeing to have sex?
The man thought he was meeting an adult. Isn't he innocent because he was lied too?
Shouldn't SHE be the one in jail?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
5 moms liked this
Yes it is but the law says it's not and IMO it's not rape
MrsBridges19
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
6 moms liked this

I do think the child should be held responsible as well.  That's why we have crazy 13 year olds that think they're untouchable.  Ugh.

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
6 moms liked this

No....shes 12! IF we blame anyone but the predator, it should be her guardians for failing to keep an eye on her. She doesnt have the emotional or mental maturity to understand the consequences of her actions

EDIT to add...... But I dont think the man should get in trouble.....he thought he was meeting an adult

Lilypie Maternity tickers
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
41 moms liked this

You can't tell the difference between 12 and 18?

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it would be obvious she was 12.  I know some 12 year olds look much older, but I haven't meet one who looks 18.

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM
The girl should be punished as well. The guy should have known she wasn't of age when he saw her too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
They think they're untouchable because in cases like this, they truly are untouchable.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

I do think the child should be held responsible as well.  That's why we have crazy 13 year olds that think they're untouchable.  Ugh.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
She shouldn't have lied, but that being said I don't think I've ever met a 12 year old that looked like she was 18...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM

She is partly responsible for what happened, but it's not only her fault.  What kind of man doesn't realize she's jail bait?  I know 12 yr. olds can look older, but there's no way she wouldn't give herself away with something else.  She should have some consequences as well, but I think jail is a little extreme. 

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
14 moms liked this

So you're telling me a GROWN young man can't tell the difference between an 18 year old and a 12 year old. I call bullshit, sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)