Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They are ending my grandmother's life. She is begging for water and they won't give her any * A Final Edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies

I a so wracked with guilt and confusion it's hard to breathe.

I live on the other side of the country and went back to see her for 2 days.

My Grandmother is in a hospice center. She signed a DNR and something where they can't intubate and they can't give her an IV. She had a colonoscopy that told them she needed surgery, but she can't have surgery for it. She got pneumonia from drinking water because she can't really swallow.So they have stopped giving her food and water.She is still awake, still talking, she is begging to leave that place, she's asking for water all the time, and all the doctors and nurses say this is the best thing to do.

This is killing me . What do I do? Is this right? Should I go back again? Trust the doctors? call the police?

Edit-

She passed at about 11:00 pm last night.

I don't know how I feel about all this. I'm just torn.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM
23 moms liked this

Contact HR at the hospital, a DNR does not mean they can dehydrate her to death!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

That's not what a DNR does, horrible troll.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Contact HR at the hospital, a DNR does not mean they can dehydrate her to death!

She's not exactly at a hospital, it's a hospice center, and a really tiny one. I don't even know if they have a HR department. But I'll call and see, what do I say? Just tell them what's happening?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

afwifeandmommy3
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM
14 moms liked this
She signed a dnr and no extensive measure form. They Won't give her water or food as she is npo do the inability to swallow . The only option Iv and feeding tube which refused . They are following orders . She has a case manager so you need to call them . Hospice means she is highly medicated in order to prevent suffering . Who's her medical poa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seegrace
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

This 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

She's not exactly at a hospital, it's a hospice center, and a really tiny one. I don't even know if they have a HR department. But I'll call and see, what do I say? Just tell them what's happening?

It has to be affiliated with a hospital.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

luckythreemom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM
How horrible. I do not understand why you would do this, but I am not a Dr. Either. Could you have an oustide doc come in for a second op?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not what a DNR does, horrible troll.

Please God don't turn this into a post where I have to defend myself for 80 pages I really can't handle it right now. I'm so scared i'm shaking as is.

grplovesjlp
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
A person can only live a short time without water - even if u did contact the police they most likely would take their sweet time investigating and by then it would be to late. Im sorry i dont have any advice excpet just pray that your grandmother doesnt suffer anymore than she already is..... What a terrible way to die. I feel so sorry for her....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN