Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about Fenugreek and Red Raspberry Leaf teas, in last month of pregnancy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

i try my best to keep things natural, and always have medicinal herbs stored and ready. i am in the last month of pregnancy. 

and i have fenugreek tea and red raspberry tea in my cabinet waiting.

i know the fenugreek helps with milk production, and was traditionally used to bring on childbirth, but it seems to have some risks associated with it during pregnancy. 

but what i would like to know is. are the risks because it can cause uterine contractions? or could it like, stop the babies heart or something? essentially, would it be safe to start drinking in the last week of pregnancy? because if it helps to speed things along i a not sure i would be against that, as long as it was safe!

the red raspberry leaf i *thought* was supposed to help soften your cervix, but just re-reading up on it i am sure it is safe to drink.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

bump and hope i can find someone knowledgeable in such things. 

and btw, if it like, could just make the baby randomly die, of course i would NOT drink it until after birth!

i think that would go without saying :-)

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

do not ask these women in this group.

go to Breastfeeding Moms

here is the link:

click here

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

sheena696
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I only took fenugreek after my daughter was born to see if it could help with my milk production. So I am not familiar with it during pregnancy. I did, however, drink the raspberry tea and had no problems.  

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM

or go to this group called Pregnancy

click here

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

fenugreek won't do anything for milk production take prior to delivery. Milk production is cued by the delivery of your placenta.

babies come when they are ready

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

But I also can tell you that I've only taken Fenugreek while I was breastfeeding my son (i still do) because it increases my milk supply.

I take the pills.

It says on the bottle to not take it during pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM

yeah the fenugreek didnt have a warning about taking during pregnancy and i looked it up online and bam there it was. so glad i looked it up.

the red raspberry has warnings and tells you it will help soften cervix and strengthen those muscles, nothing wrong with that imo.

i used fenugreek with my ds to help with milk

Quoting sheena696:

I only took fenugreek after my daughter was born to see if it could help with my milk production. So I am not familiar with it during pregnancy. I did, however, drink the raspberry tea and had no problems.  

sheena696
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM

That is why I drank the tea. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah the fenugreek didnt have a warning about taking during pregnancy and i looked it up online and bam there it was. so glad i looked it up.

the red raspberry has warnings and tells you it will help soften cervix and strengthen those muscles, nothing wrong with that imo.

i used fenugreek with my ds to help with milk

Quoting sheena696:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

fenugreek won't do anything for milk production take prior to delivery. Milk production is cued by the delivery of your placenta.

babies come when they are ready

lol i know they do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured