Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know how I feel about Tattle tales/ Updated

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

Yesterday at school my ds7 was in the bathroom, and another little boy in his class was in there with him.  His classmate accidentally got pee on his finger and began chasing my kid around the bathroom with it, my kid fell down and the other kid wiped his finger on my kid's  head and coat!  When my son tried to tell the teacher, she asked him to remember the rule about tattling so my kid didn't give her the full story.  I wrote a note to her this morning but I am really wanting to go down there and give the teacher an earful.  I don't feel like I'm overreacting do you?

UPDATE:  Son is home, the teacher read my note and kept the offending boy in from P.E. for 15 minutes.  I will have to be happy with that.  Thanks for the replies.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounds like a stupid rule?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Stick to the note! Then if she doesn't remedy the situation, that's when you go down there; hopefully by that time you've calmed down some!
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Poor kid! That is a rule that will set kids up in the future for bad things. He should freely be able to talk to his teacher.

You go mama!
-JC-
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think in this case, I agree with you. 

I always give my sons a chance to tell me the story. If it's not major... like "Oliver stood on his bed" lol THEN I give him the "don't tattle unless it's important or dangerous" talk. 

My SS is really big on getting other people in trouble to the point of making up lies though. So I have the don't tattle talk a lot :( 

1likeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would skip the note and go in to speak to the teacher face to face.
aponder
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Quoting -JC-:

I think in this case, I agree with you. 

I always give my sons a chance to tell me the story. If it's not major... like "Oliver stood on his bed" lol THEN I give him the "don't tattle unless it's important or dangerous" talk. 

My SS is really big on getting other people in trouble to the point of making up lies though. So I have the don't tattle talk a lot :( 

I'm thinking she cut him off after she heard "Alex got pee on his finger"  so I'll see what happens after the note.

aponder
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)