Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HELPPPPP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My 2 year old wont listen to a single word I say and I'm getting pretty tired of it. I'm running out of things to do and I'm tired of people telling me I'm not being a proper parent... She hollers and tries hurting people. Etc. idk what to do other then talk to a pedi but I haven't heard back from them so idk... Please help! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Spank her little butt!
Rosesandlilys
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Lol shes two, welcome to being the mother of a two year old. Plop her ass in her high chair, strap her in and give her a time out, or her playpen. Slap her bum (lightly of course). Take her favorite toys away, take desert away.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I'm sorry. I'm going thru the same thing with my 2yr old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM
hahahah welcome to 2.

except hurting people, thats not ok. idk what to tell you about that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Spank her ass!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I've done it all nothing works. 

Quoting Rosesandlilys:

Lol shes two, welcome to being the mother of a two year old. Plop her ass in her high chair, strap her in and give her a time out, or her playpen. Slap her bum (lightly of course). Take her favorite toys away, take desert away.

Rosesandlilys
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

You HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT. Keep it up. Nothing works right away. You have to train her to know that no matter what she wont ger away with what she is doing. KEEP putting her in the high chair KEEP popping her butt KEEP taking her desert away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rosesandlilys:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Uggh terrible twos I wouldn't go back if I could!

Stick to it don't back down. Maybe time outs or corner time but remember to be consistent. Also talk to your pediatrician he/she will be able to give you tips.

I gave a swat on the butt when they got really out of hand or put themselves in danger. I know spanking is not for everyone. Just remember their sense of right from wrong and consequences is set by the time they are 5 years old.
leakymommy
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM
This. Whatever your chosen form of discipline is stick to it. Everyday all day. She will get it. Just wait until she turns three......praying for terrible twos now :(

Quoting Rosesandlilys:

You HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT. Keep it up. Nothing works right away. You have to train her to know that no matter what she wont ger away with what she is doing. KEEP putting her in the high chair KEEP popping her butt KEEP taking her desert away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rosesandlilys:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krisreyn
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM

It is not easy with a 'terrible two' as they call them.  I have 2 boys one is almost 5 and the other is almost 2.  With both of them when they get like that I would firmly tell them no, put them in their room and close the door.  Then we I let them out I try to talk to them.  That really only works as they get older.  But they are usually in a better mood afterwards.  If I was out and about I would use the 1,2,3 tactic.  There have also been several times that I have actually left the store without our items because of their behavior.  It does get better, slowly. My oldest was a biter.  We were told by his pediatrician to bite him, he needed to recognize that it hurt.  I bit him a couple times, not hard just enough to be a little painful.  I didn't do it hard enough to leave marks like he was on the other children and on us.  He eventually got the idea.  But the biting and hurting and stuff is mostly from the frustration of not getting their way, their point accrossed.  Etc.  I have found that when I talk to them calmly and tell him to  calm down and tell me what he wants it is easier.  I have also told him it is ok to be mad, angry, hurt, etc but to let us know and talk to us.  That has helped tremendously.  He now tells us he is angry or mad and tells us why.  I am then able to talk to him and understand why he is feeling the way he is and I can also explain why he got into trouble. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)