Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

omg "supermoms" would spit in my face. *ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I am the worst mom ever.

DD is in kindergarten. Friday was her first ever daddy daughter dance. I didn't have a dad growing up, so this was really important to me that she go. I'm expected that on top of working, that I keep the house together. Well, Thursday I took my dad to the doctor, turns out they think he has cancer. With that on my mind, I TOTALLY forgot about her dance until 8pm when it was already over.

I don't even know what to say to her about it. I should have remembered. I told her "Daddy will take you on a date this weekend" but I still feel like the biggest POS.

ETA: DH forgot because he's an idiot. He forgets EVERYTHING, especially when he's running around with the other kids. So it's his fault, I get that. But I should have remembered too. I should have gotten her outfit and all of that. Ever since I started working, things keep SLIPPING and I can't seem to hold it together anymore!!! It's my job as a mom not to fail.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Why didn't her dad take her?

LadyF86
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM

and her dad didn't remember?

babie113
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM

its ok its understandable and we all forget things from time to time so dont feel bad

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Why didn't her dad remember?

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Its a daddy daughter dance....why didn't DAD remember? You can't do it all Ffs. I think he is more to blame than you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Why didnt her dad take her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Calm down. It's one dance in a long line of father daughter dances to come. It sounds like it was a bigger deal to you then to her. Try not to project on her and she probably won't even remember. It sounds like you have other things to worry about. No need to create drama. Good luck with your dad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mtdew
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Why didn't her dad remember?

Kitschy
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I'll say the same thing everyone else did. Wasn't it Dad's job to deal with that?

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Why didn't her dad remember? That's not your fault. Sorry to hear about your Dad :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN