Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Snarky Confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm being a good girl and keeping my mouth shut on FB. But I friended someone on there who is a lactation consultant as a career. She does wonderful work. But she kind of gave me the attitude that I was a failure and didn't follow her advice when I physically could not breastfeed after six.weeks. she accused me of not trying hard enough although I did the things she told me to. Anyway she has three kids and I have two. Two of hers and mine are the same age. All she has posted since fall is how sick A B and C have been. Every day someone is sick with a flu or earache or whatever. Meanwhile my FF baby is 18 months and has yet to even have a cold. I'm being good and not crowing about this. That's why I'm confessing here!!!!!
And obviously I KNOW breast is best that's why I struggled to do it for the measly time I did...and it's probably just coincidence. But....I feel a tad bit smug.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I think it's normal to feel that way when someone is hurtful or rude. 

I also think your a rarity. My FF baby had ear infections and got sick a lot.

I've been blessed with my two BF babies... they don't get sick as much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I don't like to be rude but she talked down to a mom with post partum depression who was having such a hard time...SHE made me cry more than my "failure". Glad you could BF two...I was able to for my non c section baby and loved it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's normal to feel that way when someone is hurtful or rude. 

I also think your a rarity. My FF baby had ear infections and got sick a lot.

I've been blessed with my two BF babies... they don't get sick as much. 

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I don't think breastfeeding has the magic power that people make it out to have. My mom ate perfect while pregnant with me, I was breastfed past 12 months, she did everything by the book... and I'm allergic to half the food in the world, have every seasonal allergy, am sick all of the time, have major gastro issues and various other chronic conditions. 

Thank goodness when I was a kid you could miss like 23 days of school per year without being held back or ending up in court. I missed a LOT of school as a kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I think it's normal to feel like this. Setting aside the bf/ff debacle she made you feel bad and that's not right.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

You have nothing to feel ashamed about - I BF for 6 weeks full time too, then I would alternate between BF and Bottles until she was 6 months old.  Mine bit so I cut to bottles all together at 6mo.  My DD was very healthy too, she only gets sick about once a year.   I'm with you on this, kudos to you for holding back

Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM
You could always hide her posts. All shes going to do is piss you off by being judgemental anyway.
le.sigh.333
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

no matter what the idiots on this site and in real life will tell you, the decision is yours to make. no one should make a mother feel bad for how she chooses to feed her baby

annhart19
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I feel similar. But about my own kids. My dd was only breast fed for a few weeks then formula fed and she is NEVER sick. But my ds was breastfed for almost a year and is always sick. He's only 18 months and has already had to have tubes put in his ears and has been hospitalized for his asthma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM

She is hurful and rude, so it's normal to feel the way you do.

For the record, like you I couldn't really breastfeed.  I never made enough, so it wasn't possible to do it and I stopped after a few weeks.  DD is perfectly healthy and rarely gets sick.  I also don't buy the magic powers breastfeeding has that some people tout. 

susan115
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM

You know it is okay NOT to breastfeed.  Right now it is the latest, coolest, hippest, thing to do.  If she wants to breastfeed, tell her you are happy for her, but not for you.  If she chooses not to be friends with you and your beautiful kids, walk away.  She is not worth your time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)