Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help finding adopted siblings in North Dakota

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 36 Replies

This is for a a friend, she found out right before her mother passed that she has a few (2 brothers?) that were put up for adoption in North Dakota.  She has lost her father too and is all alone.  She would really like to find her siblings not necessarily to start a relationship but she would love that, she just wants to say hi and let them know that they are not alone in the world either.  She just feels all alone in the world.

She tried to get records from the capitol but the laws in ND are pretty harsh about releasing info.  She doesn't have a lot of money and can't hire a service.  Any suggestions on how she could go about this?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoyfulinSD
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM

A shameless bump for a good cause.

JoyfulinSD
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM
bump
JoyfulinSD
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Please? anyone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Try posting a wish in wishiponahero. See if your friend has more info like dob and the hospital they were born in as well as the name on their birth certificates etc.
MDWife12
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I have no idea, can she contact the adoption agency? I know a big one out here is lutheran social services - my husband and his siblings were adopted throuh them. Good luck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM

No clue, my fil's leech gave up a baby for adoption and tht now grown woman found her somehow, and they were both from ND.

Ummm.....hire a private investigator?

marinenonstop
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
When children are adopted out..i think it's best if they decide if they want to meet the bio family. She could try posting her info with agencies that work with adopted children..but not directly contact them herself. What if they dont know they're adopted? What if they dont want to be found? Ya know
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Do you have any more information?  What city, birthdates?

JoyfulinSD
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Her mom was from Monango, ND by Ellendale.  Right between Aberdeen, SD and Jamestown, ND.  The siblings would have been born mid 70's to early 80's.  I will try to see what I can get.

Quoting Tracylynn100:

Do you have any more information?  What city, birthdates?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)