Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I need sme advice from you mommies who have been married more than once. I have been engaged to a man for almost a year now, after divorcing my first husband three years ago. Well long story short my fiance is starting to question me as to why I haven't started planning our wedding yet.

The truth is I am really not sure how to go about it. With my first marriage I did the big church wedding, white dress, blah blah blah. With this one I am a little unsure about all that though. I mean I have two kids from my previous marriage and am currently six months pregnant with my fiances child.

So my question is this: is another church wedding acceptable? What aboutthe pretty white dress? I mean come on OBVIOUSLY I am no damn virgin lol. I would love to have all those things again with my fiance because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is the one, and I would like our wedding to be "the dream wedding"...it's silly I know but I can't help it.

I shouldn't be taking what everybody will think into consideration this much, but I really don't feel like catching hell over my choices.

Any advice ladies?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't plan if u don't know what u want.
What kind of wedding does he want?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
srhea1000
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My dh got married in a church to his ex wife who was 6 months pregnant at the time.  She wore a white gown.  I think whatever you do will be fine.  It's YOUR day.  Have it the way you want.

CheyanneW
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I say do what you want! I will forever regret not having a big wedding. I had a small wedding the first time and an even smaller one with no reception the second time.
hip2it
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I went with what dh wanted bc he'd never been married before. We didn't have it in a church but we had the bridal party, tuxes, white dress, huge cake extravaganza. A wedding is a celebration of two people marrying. Make it what you want and to hell with anybody that doesn't like it.
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

DH and I were married in our home. It was the second marriage for both of us. I wore a dark chocolate evening gown and he wore a new suit. We had 16 guests and after we exchanged vows we treated all of our guests to a nice dinner at a historical restaurant called The Lambs Inn. After dinner everyone returned to our home for drinks. 

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Get it into your head that you're going to catch flack from someone no matter what you choose. Once you realize that you'll see that you should do whatever makes you and your df happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

He doesn't really have a preference. He just wants our family and friends there. The rest he said is completely up to me!

Quoting Aslen:

Can't plan if u don't know what u want.
What kind of wedding does he want?

MissMissfit
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Do whatever you want. It's your wedding. I wore a fancy white dress for my 2nd wedding, and we didn't even do our nuptials in front of most of the guests. We got married on a tiny boat, in the cove of one of my favorite beaches, then had a large reception later that day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I know for sure I will be waiting until our son is born. Mainly because I don't want to waddle down the aisle, regardless of where that aisle is! lol 

Quoting srhea1000:

My dh got married in a church to his ex wife who was 6 months pregnant at the time.  She wore a white gown.  I think whatever you do will be fine.  It's YOUR day.  Have it the way you want.

over40bride
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
You should check out weddingbee.com You will find lots of helpful advise there. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)