Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have ever said "no more kids!"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have one child and it was hell. I didn't enjoy labor like some women do and my son had colic for 5 months straight. He was very stubborn and I spent most of my day sitting with him latched to my sore cracked nipples.

When I think of what I want for my future I want a husband but I do not want another kid. It was exhausting and I just do not want to do it again. I wouldn't mind another child, just not a baby.

I do love my son!

So here's my question has anyone else ever felt like this? If you have, did you change your mind?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Replies (141-150):
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I knew I only wanted to have one child from the get go. I had an easy and hardly noticeable pregnancy (besides my growing belly lol), labor and delivery was quick and easy. My son slept through the night at a month old and was the easiest baby ever. I just have no desire to have another one. And I don't think that's selfish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
We go to a playground every other day. He watches kids and will stand near them but he won't interact. I am very hopeful that it's starting to change because just the other day he handed a ball to another girl. That was it but I felt like I could cry I was so happy he actually did that, even though it was just once.

Quoting Love060708kids:

Have you tried going to play groups to get him used to other children?

Quoting Anonymous:

My son is attached and he is 18 months old. He is terrified of strangers, won't play with other kids, VERY picky eater, doesn't talk and screams and whines a lot. Idk what I'm doing wrong...

I love him more than anything but he is exhausting.

Quoting Love060708kids:

My fourth is super attached still!  Major mama's girl.  It's exhausting!  I'm with you though, my older three are easy! ha

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I have 4 and I can't imagine having more. My first 3 kid's were easy babies, my youngest was attached to me for the first year, lol.

fwkitten1981
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I felt like that after #3 and got my tubes tied. Never regretted it

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM

"I didn't enjoy labor like some women do"- haha.

Childofares
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I have one son. I'm done. For one, I didn't have my son until i was 31 so I'm the old mom in my sons class :)

2. I financially couldn't do it and provide the kind of life I wanted for my son. Another child would mean no dance lessons, no soccer and iceskating lessons and not as many mini trips as we like to take. 

3. I hated every single second of pregnancy. Every one. It also played hell on my body that I still have no recovered from

I also enjoy being able to put all my attention on my son and not have to divide my time. I asked him once if he ever felt like he wanted a brother or sister. He said "No mommy. I like it just you and me."

nuff said 

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I felt like that.still do.

Dh got snipped and when I can get them to do it, I am going to have a hysterectomy.. (I also have PCOS and Endomitriosis and I am a wimp when it comes to stomach pain)

StevieMarie
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM
After my first, I was done. I was an only child and hated it, but I just thought I ony wanted one. Even when I divorced me ex and found dh, I was still adamant that I wouldnt be bearinghim any children of his own. I had an IUD and was trying to talk my doctor into tying my tubes even though I was only 21 at the time. I got pregnant (I was just sure itd be ectopic and an open and closed case) and she survived. Dh was thrilled, but I was TERRIFIED. Carrying my first was hell and carrying mysecod nearly killed me. In the end, of course, I'm over the moon with my two girls and luckily (but also unluckily) the last pregnancy was so life threatening My doc agreed to tie my tubes. So now, I have two kids, and tied, cut and coterized tubes, and I'm done FOR SURE!!!!
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Every pregnancy, baby and labor is different. Just because your son had colic doesn't mean it will be like that again. My mom had 5 kids and I was the only one who was colicy. She had morning sickness with my sister and none with the rest of us. It just depends. I wouldn't take the chance to have a sibling away from my child over this fear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Well she isn't the one that gets to make that decision, you do. You are the one that has to carry, deliver, and raise them, not her. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I told my mom how I felt and she said it was selfish that I would not give my son a brother or sister

Quoting Jessy613:

I have felt like that before. My husband is fixed and it was the best decision ever. We had a colic and it was pure hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I am all about no medication but why not get an epidural?

Quoting areles:

to elaborate, my labor was also hellish. swore I'd never do it again, and haven't. pregnancy was easy, and the child rearing itself was easier than i expected, but giving birth was horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN