Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your 16 year old to get a tattoo?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 300 Replies

So a few days ago i went to visit my family and bring ds over so he could see my parents and 2 younger siblings. As I was conversating with my mother she tells me that she took my sister a few days before to get her tattoo. My first reaction was like why the hell would you do that? So i went on to ask her nicely why and my mom's reply was i rather see what she is doing then her go do it herself. I just shake my head and changed the subject. My dad still doesnt know about the tattoo and i see a huge fight in the works. Hell when i got my tattoo when i was 19 he was so upset and disgusted that he lecture me for almost a month.

So would you let your child get a tattoo at 16? And if your other spouse you knew wouldnt aprove would you still go do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMissfit
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM
4 moms liked this

No, I don't believe I would. However, I'd rather take her somewhere I trust, than have her go behind my back to some nasty hole in the wall shop, like I did at 16. 

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM
No. He can get one at 18 like his father and I did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

nope. they can wait til they're 18

katiegirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this
No not at 16. When she becomes an adult and doesn't need my permission she can do what she pleases.
smurfy88
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

nope

grnhsegoddess
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, and I love tats and have a lot of ink. I tell my daughter that when she turns 18, I will make her an appointment with my guy, hell, Ill even pay for it, but not until then.

angevil53
No 18 is just around the corner anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

In my state it is illegal for someone under the age of 18 to receive a tattoo, regardless of parental permission.

jillbailey26
1 mom liked this

Not at all.  Not only would I not get a 16 year old a tattoo, I definitely wouldn't go behind my husband's back to do it.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mary841108
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Nope. and if they did, while it was still fresh i'd pour rubbing alcohol all over it. it'll burn like a mother f-er and it'll dilute the ink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN