Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm thinking of getting this for my daughter's birthday....

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was thinking of getting my daughter a Nabi tablet for her "big" gift for her birthday coming up in March, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
Has anyone ever gotten this? If so what's your opinion it? Love it? Hate it? Or do you think 2 is too young for a tablet? She LOVES mine (and my phone!) She loves watching Barbie on YouTube, DocMcStuffins, Strawberry Shortcake, and anything with babies in it! lol Plus she loves some of the games, bowling, games to learn colors, animals, numbers, etc.

I was thinking maybe it'd be good because it can "grow with her".
But I also kinda hate to spend almost $200 on something she might end up throwing down and forgetting about and I could use that money to get other things like number games, play food, barbies, etc. Because yeah, that's a lot of dough!

(OR do you suggest a different tablet?)

P.S.
So far she doesn't have any electronic games. Mostly things that will make her active (like her ball pit, and huge play kitchen, etc.) but I also want things to help her learn (and help us on long rides / trips / or even going to restaurants!)
So please, no bashing and don't be rude! =\

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM

How old is she?

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I think two is way too young and unnecessary
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTyff
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM

She'll be 2.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

How old is she?

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it. They are awesome.  My SD (8) got one for Christmas, and they are awesome.

babybelly25
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

2 is a bit young... my dd got hers at 4 almost 5. There are a lot of educational apps though. If you think she is ready for it then go for it.

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

If she is turning 4 or under, a nabi is fine. If she is turning 5+ she is going to be made fun of in school for having a "baby" tablet. Kindle Fires are cheap or just a cheap Android tablet would be fine. Put a case on it so it is drop resistant and it will be just fine.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would probably start introducing her to something like that at that age, but not get one of her for her birthday just yet. 

jujubear1
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My cousin got both of her DS's one for Christmas.  They are 3 and 8(his bday is today so 7 then). Anyway, she loves them and so do her boys.  I noticed she even brought one of them with them when she came to visit me the other day at my mom's where there aren't many toys.  I have to agree, 2 is a little young, but it seems like it is one that grows with them. 

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

what school does a five year old go to that they would get made fun of for having a baby tablet? I wasn't even aware that was an issue. OP I think 2 is too young to spend $200 on a tablet, but that's just me. DD plays with my old dell tablet but it sucks so I wasn't really using it anyway. Same with our broken phones, I let her play with it so she has her own, but I would never spend that much money buy her electronics just for her. (she's 14 months)

Quoting illinoismommy83:

If she is turning 4 or under, a nabi is fine. If she is turning 5+ she is going to be made fun of in school for having a "baby" tablet. Kindle Fires are cheap or just a cheap Android tablet would be fine. Put a case on it so it is drop resistant and it will be just fine.

mrs.pina
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Where can you get a nabi? I am so looking into getting something like this for my 3 yr old . She is very smart and i know she would love something like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN