Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your daughter...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

So your daughter gets pregnant her first at, say, 15. You are disappointed in her but yet you decide to support her. You tell her she BETTER not get pregnant and strongly encourage to get on some birth control. Less than a year later, your daughter becomes pregnant again. At 16, she will have two (maybe three, depending if they are twins) kids. I've noticed a trend on CM and in real life for girls to have two or more kids before they hit their 18th birthday, and one out of every four teens will become pregnant again within two years after giving birth to their first. So mommas, what would you do if your teen, underage daughter got pregnant AGAIN after supporting her w/her first and trying to put her on some BC?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM

It's not just a trend. There are statistics to show that in many cases teen parents are likely to have more than one child in thier teens.

RobsPrincess24
by ThePrincess on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I have no idea because I wouldn't be supporting her the first time around. She would live in my home, but she would finish school and get a job. If she wants to act like an adult, then she gets to handle the consequences of making adult choices. Plain and simple.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

there would be NO Trying.I would make damn sure she was on BC probably the shot. that is fucking BS to  have 2 or more kids & expect your parents to support you all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I honestly don't know. I pray to never have to find out. I know that imagining it, I would feel supremely pissed and be ready to give her an ultimatum of getting her shit together on her own or get ready to be on lockdown and treated like an untrustworthy child.

But, my daughter is still a baby so I really cannot say how I'd react if it really happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I wouldn't have supported her in the 1st place.

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont have a girl but if one of mysons disd something like this i wouldnt help with the 2nd one. I wouldnt babysit or allow babymama to s"eep over or even be alone with my son. and if the babies sleep over our house his butt has to get up with them and quickly as to not wake anyone else up. I will only babysit forschool and his work schedule will have to work arpund mine whenever he has the kids. I will still expect him to go to college and do well. Oh he would also deal with me coming to check on him whenever he doesnt have the kids because i cant trust him. No sleeping out and an early curfew and he will know how lucky he is. My 7year old already helps with me at the local homeless shelter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

My kids are not allowed to date until after high school, we keep them occupied with activities and family.  We send them to a school where many of the parents have the same rule so there really is no pressure for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Please don't ever let me have to face that situation in real life.   Honestly,if my DD was to become pregnant while in high school, I would hope to encourage her to allow a family to adopt the baby.   I know there are very successful teen moms out there, but I know of far too many who settled for bad relationships and poverty.   I can't imagine have more than 1 baby before 18, but there is somethign to the trend you mentioned.   Heck, we see it on Teen Mom. Even if they don't have another baby, they are having unprotected sex.   

Another question - do you think if the parents support their DD and help with the baby, then the DD may get pregnant again thinking mom and dad will help with the baby because they love their grandbabies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)