Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well, now i feel worthless. edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
I made lasagna for the first time tonight. I was really excited because my husband loves lasagna. I made sure to use sauce that did not have mushrooms in it since my husband hates mushrooms with a passion.

Right before he took his first bite he found a piece of a mushroom. We went off on me. I told him repeatedly that I used the traditional sauce with no mushrooms. He could check the label. I didn't purposely put mushrooms in it as I was making it especially for him. He basically called me a liar, put his plate on the counter, and we haven't spoken to each other since.

I'm just baffled. I didn't add anything extra, and i looked through the rest of the sauce and didn't find any other mushroom pieces. I doubt that I'll be writing the company. But it just had to be that the one tiny piece of mudroom that found it's way into the sauce just had to end up on my husband's plate.

I know it's extremely childish to not be talking to him right now. But i don't care. He can come to me first if he wants to quit being a jerk. I didn't do anything wrong and was just as alarmed to find a mushroom. I'm usually the one that goes to him first to apologize as well.

Edit. He did come to me eventually and apologize for calling me a liar and making me feel terrible. We talked about a few other things as well. Then he went out and got some ice cream.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM
3 moms liked this

it was mushroom, not glass or poison for heaven's sakes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

ummm.......

NNB
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

He sounds ungrateful

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Was it actually a piece of mushroom?

Jcothrine
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

your husband is being a dick.. what a nice thing you tried to do for him...

at least it was just a mushroom that probably came from sharing equipment to make the different sauces

and not a roach or something...

JC

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I know! He was acting like i was poisoning him!

I ate all of mine, it was delicious. Pretty sure he hasn't eaten anything at all yet.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

it was mushroom, not glass or poison for heaven's sakes. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sweetest_Britt
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
7 moms liked this

He sounds like a damn asshole. What the hell is wrong with him. 

Even a child shouldn't act like that, let alone an adult.

livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I'm glad that my husband eats anything I put in front of hium. And if he didn't like something, he would take it out and eat the rest.

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I made a lasgna last month for dh. He hates ricotta cheese. I put NO ricotta cheese in it but he insisted there was. He was mad too. 

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

He'll get over it eventually. Damn he act like you put rat poison in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)