Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, Eating Disorder (NOS)

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 119 Replies

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2ETA
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Is binge eating really an eating disorder? I mean what if you binge but don't purge still an eating disorder?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Yes, I suffer from it. I used to be bulemic. But I've been able to control the purging part since I was around 24? I'm only 26 now, but I have trouble with the binge eating.

It isn't an eating disorder if it isn't continous and a problem, like if you do it once..But if you do it because of insecurities, continuously or to cover a problem within, yes it is an eating disorder. It is a huge battle. Opposite of anorexia.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is binge eating really an eating disorder? I mean what if you binge but don't purge still an eating disorder?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Idk i never really thought of it as a huge deal i just thought people eat a lot more at home in private but I'm starting to see i have a problem that's hindering weight loss and living a normal life at a healthy weight.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Yes, I suffer from it. I used to be bulemic. But I've been able to control the purging part since I was around 24? I'm only 26 now, but I have trouble with the binge eating.

It isn't an eating disorder if it isn't continous and a problem, like if you do it once..But if you do it because of insecurities, continuously or to cover a problem within, yes it is an eating disorder. It is a huge battle. Opposite of anorexia.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM
When you put it like that it sounds like you're saying anorexia isn't a battle. I'm sure that's not what you meant but heads up on that one.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mama2ETA
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM

How so? I am saying anorexia is not eating enough. Binge eating is too much.

Quoting Anonymous:

When you put it like that it sounds like you're saying anorexia isn't a battle. I'm sure that's not what you meant but heads up on that one.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I used to be anorexic and bulemic. Its a constant battle.
winkyloafer
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM
People really need to understand what those words really do to people, especially in such a vain world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

it is.  Compulsive Eating Disorder.  I have it.

Quoting Anonymous:

IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM

yep. I think I have compulsive eating disorder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN