Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you have paid this??? *edit pic of the $77 "vermin" for the haters

Posted by   + Show Post

a month ago we rescued some rats from the SPCA... this weekend we noticed one had an infected cheek and his teeth were growing crooked.

So today I took him to the vet.. $77.. to have him put to sleep and his teeth trimmed.. antibiotics. It will grow badly again but next time they should trim it with clippers.. $17 every 6 weeks or so...

the alternative is $10 to put him to sleep...

would you have paid it?

here is my $77 sweetie.. Perry.. his life is worth it.some of you on here.. hmm... not so much.

here is the issue with his teeth.. not something gnawing will help.. his teeth grow mis-aligned.

But you will be happy to know atm he is eating soup and doing well.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (381-384):
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not like rats, but he is your pet, it is money well spent.  My dogs have cost me a bit of cash at times when it was NOT easy to spare. But I didn't think twice about spending it. 

wineisfine
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM

For a pet rat hell no, I would rather cut my losses and get another pet!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Yep my husband would probably grumble about it but i wouldn't let an animal suffer. I spent $400 to get an infected fatty tumor removed from my dogs rump hubs whole family said we should just get him put to sleep he was only 10 months old! Now he's 6 and only ever been to the vet fir shots and to be neutered
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nina.burnham89
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Rat or not hes your pet and im sure you love him! No matter what kind of pet they are still loved and deserve love  <3

I would have paid ten times over if he was my pet :D 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN