Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can you cure autism?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dsd is four and has autism. She is starting a new home therapy program. The lady came tonight to go over it with dh and I. She met with Bm last week about it. Anyway, the lady said this program cured her own daughter of autism and that she went from being non verbal to no one believing she once had autism. I don't buy it. Don't get me wrong, I am all for helping dsd but if autism had a cure, why isn't everyone using the program?????
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Replies (181-190):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:19 PM
No...there is no "cure" but I've worked with many elementary students over the years who have come a long way and you.can hardly tell they are autistic.And they will grow up to lead normal adult lives Getting good help at a young age is important!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WritingMom777
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Sounds like a fad thing.  Autism can not be cured.  With approprate, intensive therapy (an autistic school is good because of the socialization aspect) your daughter can lead a fulfilling life.  There was a story recently in the news about a young pageant in the Miss America pageant who had a mild form of autism.  

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I agree!

Quoting Punkslilncs:

I think people are so focused on looking into vaccines that they don't look for other things and that is hurting our kids. 

Quoting svolkov:

I think the problem is there is late onset autism that usually happens around two....yhe exact same time of many shots. So a child would be normally developing then regress. The genome idea would be what might make some more susceptible they are thinkng. The folate research hasnt been peer reviewed or published yet. I got access to it from my university for a research paper I am working on for my phd. Its pretty interesting tho

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe it is the only contributing factor but I do believe in some cases it is. There are to many regressions of children immediately following a round of vaccines. As of yet there has been know conscious effort by the medical community to publicly address that. I an excited to hear there is ongoing research into those things.

Quoting svolkov:

We delay vax however that isnt the cause of autism. They are looking closely at sythetic folates as well as some genome on the 14chromosome (my good friend is actually working on that research at harvard right now!)

Quoting Anonymous:

That is when they started taking in out and vaccines still have aluminum which is just as toxic. Another reason is over stimulation of the immune system. When I was a kid there were 10 shots total and you didn't receive 6 at a time as an infant. Those numbers clearly go over epa guideline for these substances. And technically there are no safety studies on children that small.

Quoting svolkov:

Only flu vaccine has mercury since yhe mid 90s and autism rates continue to skyrocket

Quoting Anonymous:

2 court cases say otherwise. One in the u.s. one in Italy. There is scientific research since one of the package inserts lists it as a side affect. Do you not think it's an alarming epidemic the rise in rates of autism just since her book and really no drastic intervention from the medical community? You don't have to agree with her to utilize the information she provides. She is in no way claiming ti be a physician but where exactly do you think a child would ingest alarming rates of mercury besides vaccines?

Quoting Anonymous:

She had people not vaccinating their kids because she "knew" it gave her son autism with NO scientific evidence. I'm sorry, I'm not helping her get richer. We have an entire team of experts to help dsd and it doesn't include Jenny mccarthy.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is a recognizable public figure and many parents have had similar success with their children because she was willing to speak out. If magic Johnson went around telling people what alternative treatments he did ti cure aids he would be hailed as a hero. Personally I don't care for her but he message about autism is a good one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because she isn't a Dr or in my opinion a great advocate for the autism community. Imho I believe she has done a lot of harm regarding the autism community.

Quoting Anonymous:

If your child really has autism and she has had great success with her son, why would you mitt at the very least hear what she has to say regardless of your perception of her? There are some children who have genetic issues that put them on the spectrum, others it is environmental. Let's liken it to allergies, once you isolate the problem you can work on eliminating it. MOST children with autism,add,adhd and hyper activity are very sensitive to foods and have digestive issues. Allopathy generally will not address these issues and so in areas where improvement CAN be made you are missing out. Her son specifically was low on glutathione which is produced in live and aids in detoxing your body from contaminates like heavy metals. Her son had a build up of mercury specially from vaccinesand they were able to treat him based on this finding. Look up mercury poisoning and the symptoms are practically identical to autism. So in reality her son was not even autistic, he had symptoms caused by heavy metal poisoning and was miss diagnosed.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Should I? To be honest, I find her offputting.

Quoting Anonymous:

have you read jenny mccarthy's book?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elijahXmom
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I wouldn't either but my GF with 2 autism boys did the same all because of b-12 shot. We talk pretty much daily and a year a go I couldn't understand one of her kids and other i didn't understand anything he said. The who spoke more to start with is speaking clear as a bell, the one not so much but he make improvement. Is there a cure idk so but there are things that can be done to help. I know her kids see a DAV Dr.

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

There is no cure for autism.

Autism is NOT a disease.

You cannot "CURE" how a brain is hardwired.

How difficult is this to understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Some babies I was reading about it was at 6 months went cross eyed and could longer hold their head up. Seizures immediately following which led to developmental delays etc. I do believe synthetic supplements play a huge role in some health issues, sine have been reported to cause organ damage. I also believe that synthetic sweeteners have been a huge contributor in arising possible. These could be factors to consider when analyzing whether we are slowly losing are ability to tolerate vaccines.

Quoting svolkov:

I think the problem is there is late onset autism that usually happens around two....yhe exact same time of many shots. So a child would be normally developing then regress. The genome idea would be what might make some more susceptible they are thinkng. The folate research hasnt been peer reviewed or published yet. I got access to it from my university for a research paper I am working on for my phd. Its pretty interesting tho

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe it is the only contributing factor but I do believe in some cases it is. There are to many regressions of children immediately following a round of vaccines. As of yet there has been know conscious effort by the medical community to publicly address that. I an excited to hear there is ongoing research into those things.

Quoting svolkov:

We delay vax however that isnt the cause of autism. They are looking closely at sythetic folates as well as some genome on the 14chromosome (my good friend is actually working on that research at harvard right now!)

Quoting Anonymous:

That is when they started taking in out and vaccines still have aluminum which is just as toxic. Another reason is over stimulation of the immune system. When I was a kid there were 10 shots total and you didn't receive 6 at a time as an infant. Those numbers clearly go over epa guideline for these substances. And technically there are no safety studies on children that small.

Quoting svolkov:

Only flu vaccine has mercury since yhe mid 90s and autism rates continue to skyrocket

Quoting Anonymous:

2 court cases say otherwise. One in the u.s. one in Italy. There is scientific research since one of the package inserts lists it as a side affect. Do you not think it's an alarming epidemic the rise in rates of autism just since her book and really no drastic intervention from the medical community? You don't have to agree with her to utilize the information she provides. She is in no way claiming ti be a physician but where exactly do you think a child would ingest alarming rates of mercury besides vaccines?

Quoting Anonymous:

She had people not vaccinating their kids because she "knew" it gave her son autism with NO scientific evidence. I'm sorry, I'm not helping her get richer. We have an entire team of experts to help dsd and it doesn't include Jenny mccarthy.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is a recognizable public figure and many parents have had similar success with their children because she was willing to speak out. If magic Johnson went around telling people what alternative treatments he did ti cure aids he would be hailed as a hero. Personally I don't care for her but he message about autism is a good one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because she isn't a Dr or in my opinion a great advocate for the autism community. Imho I believe she has done a lot of harm regarding the autism community.

Quoting Anonymous:

If your child really has autism and she has had great success with her son, why would you mitt at the very least hear what she has to say regardless of your perception of her? There are some children who have genetic issues that put them on the spectrum, others it is environmental. Let's liken it to allergies, once you isolate the problem you can work on eliminating it. MOST children with autism,add,adhd and hyper activity are very sensitive to foods and have digestive issues. Allopathy generally will not address these issues and so in areas where improvement CAN be made you are missing out. Her son specifically was low on glutathione which is produced in live and aids in detoxing your body from contaminates like heavy metals. Her son had a build up of mercury specially from vaccinesand they were able to treat him based on this finding. Look up mercury poisoning and the symptoms are practically identical to autism. So in reality her son was not even autistic, he had symptoms caused by heavy metal poisoning and was miss diagnosed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Temple herself said Autism is like having cancer and then being cancer free you always wonder IF the cancer will come back but you do get better from the cancer same as the Autism Jenny is an a**hat as far as I am concerned there is no cure just help and a lot of work! My son has gone from non verbal to being almost NT in many ways!

Quoting crescentstar2:

I think stuff like that is BS 

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

no cure-but with therapy, and support some kids can become as fully functional as a "regular" kid!

BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

This. With a year and a half of early intervention and a year of continuing therapies after early intervention, my four year old is doing wonderfully.

He's not "cured" he will always be autistic, but he is better and he can handle things a lot better now than he could a while ago. It takes a long time, and lots of hard work for the entire family. You have to teach the children coping skills to deal with every day life, and even then, some of the kids that are on the far end of the spectrum never quite get there. It's a daily battle for normalcy.

Quoting Yellowlily333:

no cure-but with therapy, and support some kids can become as fully functional as a "regular" kid!

Photobucket

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

no shes a fucking idiot LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN