Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Letting toddlers stay up late.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

My sister, mom, and niece are staying the night at my house for 2 nights because they are house hunting in the area. All of my kids go to bed no later than 9 and that's cutting it. My niece is 2 and she doesn't go to bed until my sister does.....and that's between 11 and 12. I guess it was wrong for me to assume this but I was looking forward to sitting down and talking to my mom and sister for a few hours before we went to bed. It's kind of hard to to do that with the niece running around. She's very energetic and rambunctious. I wouldn't be surprised if my kids can hear her. I feel wrong asking my sister to put her to bed but it's kind of nerve wracking and it seems odd to me that she isn't even trying to get her to settle down. Apparently this is how she does it. Her husband stays up until 12 playing video games and she doesn't like going to bed without him so they all stay up. That's fine for her house but it's kind of bothersome. 

Would you let your kid stay up much later than the other kids in a guests home?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Eff that.
marinenonstop
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I get it. My niece's and nephews go to bed super late..even the school aged children go to bed at 10:30 mon-friday. My eight yr old goes to bed at 8 on school nights and my one yr old between 9-930 because he usually takes a nap in the afternoon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM
If my kids were guests in another house with kids i don't let them stay up. We used to let our kids stay up until we did, but now they have a set bedtime which is so much better.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Really depends on when they put them to bed.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM

What time do they all wake up in the morning if they go to bed at midnight?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I don't know, my toddler goes to bed at 9:00 and that seems to be pretty late compared to my friends kids. Isn't she tired during the day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What time do they all wake up in the morning if they go to bed at midnight?

I don't know about her husband because he works but my sister said they normally get up around 8 or 8:30.

CatFishMom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Mine go to bed early so I usually have the opposite problem-but that said, bedtime is bedtime even if we're away from home and someone else's kids are up. Now if my kid was ten and they had a toddler they put to bed early, no, I wouldnt expect my child to go to bed with the toddler, but thats not your scenario. Personally, I would never allow a two year old up that late anyway, so it wouldnt be an issue.

gblossom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Nope

true-love-21
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Shoot the only reason y my toddler goes to bed at 9 is bc that's the only time I can put him to bed for him to sleep through the night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)