Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you freaking kidding me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

So my husband has been unemployed for a over a year now. I have been working for a little over a year now.

We usually put our bill money back in the safe and he hold the rest of the money. It has been like this since he has been unemployed because he is home all the time and i don't want to carry the money on me to work.  ( we don't have a bank account, we don't trust them).

Anyways, he may be starting to work soon and I told him when he starts working we need to put all the money in the safe so we can both has access to it and he told me, he will be holding it still. WTF, the only reason why he hold it now is because he is home and can go buy stuff needed but if he is working too then it needs to be somewhere where we can both access it  and get as needed.

When i was a sahm and he was working, i always kept the money in the safe, he could get whatever he needed and i could get what i needed.  Where the fuck does he get off thinking he should hold all of our money, like he is the only one needing it. If he goes to work before i do and takes all of the money, what am i suppose to do if i need gas or if i need to grab something.

This is going to be a problem i know it. uggggg

BTW, this is just a vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I hope it's a fireproof safe. Also as long as a bank is FDIC, why the hell wouldn't you trust it? It's not 1905 you know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I have had banks put hold on our money and not informs us and i ended up having bouch checks and overdraft fees because of it.

My safe is fireproof and water proof.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope it's a fireproof safe. Also as long as a bank is FDIC, why the hell wouldn't you trust it? It's not 1905 you know?

kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It's easy...stop giving him the money.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM

A debit card will go a long way in this situation...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

not when he won't keep count of what he spends, which was a problem we had before. I would ask for the receipts and he wouldn't have them and he wouldn't remember what he spent. It was really hard to keep track of what you have in the bank when only one is keeping track of what is being spent.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I understand but these days you don't need to see every receipt. Banks make it very easy to check your balance online daily so you can see what goes on.

Quoting Anonymous:

not when he won't keep count of what he spends, which was a problem we had before. I would ask for the receipts and he wouldn't have them and he wouldn't remember what he spent. It was really hard to keep track of what you have in the bank when only one is keeping track of what is being spent.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

connie45
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Get over your distrust of banks.  If you really want to retain some control before it's all wrenched out of your hands, open a bank account in your name only and have your paycheck direct deposited into it.

His physically carrying all money on his person - is unsafe and darn stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Are you scared of banks ? Seriously find a local credit union and start putting your money in the bank.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Sounds like y'all were cutting things too closely & needed overdraft protection. I'm sure your banks in the past gave you a copy of their policies which would explain held checks.
Poor reason for saying you guys don't trust banks. Educate yourselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have had banks put hold on our money and not informs us and i ended up having bouch checks and overdraft fees because of it.

My safe is fireproof and water proof.

Quoting Anonymous:

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Maybe have him keep like 100 and put the rest in the safe so you can get to it if needed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)