Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this upset you? (daycare related)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DS is 3.5. He goes to preschool full time, and generally likes it, except during the "aftercare" program (the last 2 hours or so). When a certain teacher is there (which is a lot lately), he gets really grumpy during the evening at home. BUT, we can never get him to talk about after care (he will talk sometimes about fun things he did during morning class).

But tonight, this was our exchange:

DS: Mommy I want to tell you a story. One day at school I went to go to the potty, and I came out and (teacher) and everyone else had left me all alone.

Me: How did that make you feel?

DS: It scared me. (*note he has never told me before that anything has scared him*)

Me: Thanks for telling me that story. I will call (director) tomorrow and make sure that doesn't happen anymore, okay?

DS: Okay mommy.

Would you be upset? I can't decide if the incident was a huge deal, or if I am just looking for more reasons to be worried about this teacher. :(
She usually doesn't do major things wrong, we just find her to be a bit out of touch with kids, and, again, DS is always crabby after being with her.

Btw, yesterday was the first day ever that he went to school with "big boy underwear" on instead of pullups. He is very new to potty training.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (81-82):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I'm sorry, but I still don't see your point of being on this post, and don't understand what you are arguing about.   Of course I am not there all day, I am there at dropoff and pickup.  Over 2 years, that is plenty of time to see the entire facility, particularly when I have changed him in those bathrooms, and taken him potty in those bathrooms.  I often play with him for a half hour at dropoff or pickup.  And it is a very small school, with only 4 classrooms, 1 for each age group.

It is bizarre for you to think I am lying.  Why would I have any reason to lie?  I find you argumentative, without direction, and, frankly, silly.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll just end this and let you have the last word but I still don't believe a thing you're saying at this point. Now you're there every single day? You would say anything to argue at this point. Well of course you're there every day, I assume you probably pick him up or drop him off? How long do you stay? How much do you see? If you're there every single day, watching him, if you had that kind of free time, why would he be there? You stopped making any sense. 

barfydoogin
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I work at Headstart and if we ever left a child alone we would be fired.  It is totally unacceptable for that to happen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN