Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Want to know (seriously) what would you do if....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Tomorrow you got a check for $15,000. (Where it came from is irrelivant-as long as its legal-lets just say an inheritence or civil suit etc) BUT---(there's always a but) lets just say,hypothetically::: that you are NOT "well off" already.so $15,000 is ALOT to u.would you give some to someone else?(let's say a parent,a friend,etc) pay off debts?**IF U DIDNT HAVE A CAR,would u buy one? ** pay off your student loans? Pay your current bills off for a few months?etc...I don't wanna know what I SHOULD do with it-I wanna know what YOU WOULD do with it --I am curious how others would manage it/blow it/spread it thin etc --thanks ;)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Replies (201-207):
im_not_trollin
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Pay off as much debt as I could with it...

Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I'd pay off our credit card and remodel our master bathroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM

With 15,000 I'd be ale to pay off my car, $5500, and my student loans, $4500! And put the rest into savings! Whew!!! Getting me all hot and steamy for the idea of getting $15,000

MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Use it as a down payment because renting sucks. Only $10,000 for that. The other 5 would go to furniture, etc. And what's left would be burnt away by DH somehow I'm sure lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coffeeLover8
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Got a 13,000.00 Tax refund check 2 weeks ago, paid off al debt, bought new front load washer and dryer, bought new dressrers for all the kids ( 6 of them), bought new living room furniture, bought a 10 person dining room set, bought 3 Tv's ( nothing crazy huge), bought clothes for the kids, bought shoes for everyone, put 1,000.00 into savings, and blew about 1000.00 on what I wanted

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM
We need replacement windows and the rest would go toward getting head on bills.
melissaAD1125
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Pay off my vehicle and other loans and the rest would go towards our down payment for a house we have already saved some
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)