Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I honestly don't know how anyone in my husbands family still have custody of their kids!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Between drug use, neglecting their children, beating them for every little thing ( I'm not talking spankings I'm talking multiple seats with belts hairbrushes wooden spoons, etc). These children are toddlers, none of them are even five yet. They leave their kids with anyone. They don't have jobs. Never take their kids to the doctor. They lock their kids in their rooms for hours, inwhat time the children soil themselves, and smear it on the walls. The children have head lice, and have for over a year. They do drugs in the house with the children. Then wonder why we won't bring our kids over to see them.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this

If you haven't called cps, you're no better than they are.

raindrop824
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM
That's horrible, my question is why haven't you turned this in to Child protective services? These children need an advocate. You need to be that person for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM
This

Quoting VintageWife:

If you haven't called cps, you're no better than they are.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I have, they haven't even looked into it yet. Say they are backed up since its a large city with tona of cases like this.

Quoting raindrop824:

That's horrible, my question is why haven't you turned this in to Child protective services? These children need an advocate. You need to be that person for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Keep calling. Things got so bad at my cousins place we had to have the whole family call and complain before CPS would step in.
ElizabethGracie
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I don't understand how my aunt still has custody of her son.

I live in fear that someone will come to my door and tell me that child is dead.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM
2 moms liked this

The next time you know that they are doing drugs and locking the kids in the room... call the cops instead of CPS.   CPS has to respond when the cops are involved.

LADYxGHOST
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I know the feeling, the same thing with my family and my poor nephews.  Since none have hospital visits or complaints from the school system, they just knock on the door and chat for a minute and leave. Afte a few times of this, I had to cut all ties with them. It hurts to know they are not in safe situations, but aside form kidnapping, or killing their parents, there was nothing more i could do and it became more and more difficult to keep them away from my children yet stay in contact with theirs.  I did the advocate thing for my youngest brothers and they where helped and got adopted, but I just couldn't wait around seeing the abuse and see no one step in. one of my sibilngs whom the others still had contact with and I didnt gto involved and threatened my and my children's life (as he did before with our brothers situation). It was so sad that I had to choose between my children and my nephews.  I worry about them all the time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have, they haven't even looked into it yet. Say they are backed up since its a large city with tona of cases like this.

Quoting raindrop824:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM
The problem is we live in another state, I just know what I've seen while I was there. We have to go down there to pick up my stepson and will usually stay the night in a hotel, stopping by some of his family members houses for a few hours or so, then leaving and not seeing them for another 6 months. Myron problem if I see this happen in the short time I am there I don't even want to think about what goes on that we don't see!

Quoting KrissyKC:

The next time you know that they are doing drugs and locking the kids in the room... call the cops instead of CPS.   CPS has to respond when the cops are involved.

marihla
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM

And how many times have you called cps?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN