Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BULLYING!!!.....8th graders bullying my 1st grader!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

today my 7yr old DS told me 4 8th graders cornerd him in the restroom and started cussing at him and calling names and pushing him. My son said he got scared and then angry cuz they kept telling him bad things and telling him to give em money so he kicked one of them in the NUTS! But one of them actuall kicked him back and he has the bruise for proof.

What really pisses me off even more is that when my son told on these kids, and from what he told me they were caught, none of the school faculty or asst principle,or teacher informed me of the incident! I would think that if any kid involved in some sort of act of bullying where harm was done the parents should be notified!

His school is known for having a bad rep for fights and bullying cases yet alot of kids there are very smart too,my DS is an A student. I plan on pressing charges on the older kid/s who assaulated my son and who knows,maybe even press charges on the parents too. This type of behaviour is a learned behaviour from somewhere and it starts in the home. For four 8th grade boys to pick on a 1st grader and assaualt him is serious shit!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM
3 moms liked this

That is absolutely awful. I feel really bad for your son, that's such a horrible experience for a little boy to go through. I would call the school immediately and if they do not speak with you about the matter, I would then call the police. 

CutieCrab
by Jen on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM

That is horrible!!  I agree I think it is a learned behavior, I also think you should have your son transferred.

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

what kind of school are they in that has 8th graders and 1st graders in the same building or near to shared bathrooms? our school only goes up to 6th grade (most only to 5th), but the grades are all in different wings and have different bathrooms for different ages. the K and 1st have one, and then the 2nd and 3rd have one, etc. 

EvaTheDiva29
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM
5 moms liked this

well, no. he didn't start it. he was cornered and bullied. he got scared and angry and defended himself. im just not sure bc of the ages if she could press charges against the kids. i would however talk to a lawyer about why the school adults are so stupid and ignore it though.

Quoting silverdawn99:

This
Unfortunately he started t

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

he kicked them first. yu may not get anywhere with the assult charges. 

but good for your ds for trying to stand for himself. i would go apeshit on that school. take it to the school board, superintendant, media, until something is done. that type of bullying is uncalled for. especially with kids in suc a higher grade. why are those kids even in the same area as the younger kids? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I would be pissed too. At the least you should have been notified but I feel the 8th graders should be suspended at least if not expelled.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM

smh...im sorry...poor baby..its a shame that he has to be around such unruly children....

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM
4 moms liked this
He did kick them first but I'm assuming they're all 12-13, and her child is 7. Four teens against a little child??? I'd say she has a DAMN good case to press charges!!! He was clearly defending himself and mom could even argue psychological instincts such as fight or flight to show her child is NOT at fault, even if he teased these kids to be bullied.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

but good for your ds for trying to stand for himself. i would go apeshit on that school. take it to the school board, superintendant, media, until something is done. that type of bullying is uncalled for. especially with kids in suc a higher grade. why are those kids even in the same area as the younger kids? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I hate it when schools put too many grades in the same building,  i'm so glad we moved to where all the grades are spaced out now!  I would definitely be on some one's ass for those kids bullying someone so young!

teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM
16 moms liked this

Wrong. Cornering him like that IS considered assault. He feared for his safety, and he defended himself!

Quoting silverdawn99:

This
Unfortunately he started t

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I have to give your son credit for what he did, that takes gumption!  He must be pretty brave.  Sorry this happened to him.  If I ever caught my 8th grader picking on a 1st grader (just a BABY by comparison) he would be grounded for months. 

I hope you get it sorted out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)