Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BULLYING!!!.....8th graders bullying my 1st grader!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

today my 7yr old DS told me 4 8th graders cornerd him in the restroom and started cussing at him and calling names and pushing him. My son said he got scared and then angry cuz they kept telling him bad things and telling him to give em money so he kicked one of them in the NUTS! But one of them actuall kicked him back and he has the bruise for proof.

What really pisses me off even more is that when my son told on these kids, and from what he told me they were caught, none of the school faculty or asst principle,or teacher informed me of the incident! I would think that if any kid involved in some sort of act of bullying where harm was done the parents should be notified!

His school is known for having a bad rep for fights and bullying cases yet alot of kids there are very smart too,my DS is an A student. I plan on pressing charges on the older kid/s who assaulated my son and who knows,maybe even press charges on the parents too. This type of behaviour is a learned behaviour from somewhere and it starts in the home. For four 8th grade boys to pick on a 1st grader and assaualt him is serious shit!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM
3 moms liked this

He still felt threatened, had no physical altercation happened, it would still be simple assault, and charges can be pressed. In self defense, no actual physical harm has to come first, only a legitimate FEAR of physical harm. 

Quoting silverdawn99:

That is not the same as physical violence
She will not have a case for assault since he hit first
Do i think its right? No but he did hit first

Quoting teal.blaze:

Wrong. Cornering him like that IS considered assault. He feared for his safety, and he defended himself!

Quoting silverdawn99:

This

Unfortunately he started t

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

he kicked them first. yu may not get anywhere with the assult charges. 

but good for your ds for trying to stand for himself. i would go apeshit on that school. take it to the school board, superintendant, media, until something is done. that type of bullying is uncalled for. especially with kids in suc a higher grade. why are those kids even in the same area as the younger kids? 

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Cornering his his not assault...BUT because the kid feared for his safety and was just trying to get aways it was in fact legal self defense. To the op what exactly do you think you can press charges on the parents for? They didnt do anything.

Quoting teal.blaze:

Wrong. Cornering him like that IS considered assault. He feared for his safety, and he defended himself!

Quoting silverdawn99:

This

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

but good for your ds for trying to stand for himself. i would go apeshit on that school. take it to the school board, superintendant, media, until something is done. that type of bullying is uncalled for. especially with kids in suc a higher grade. why are those kids even in the same area as the younger kids? 

ratchetlee
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Our school is a PRE-K - 12th grade...so that's probably why

Although - our first graders would not be in the bathroom with older kids unless it was during gym time.....

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Why are there 8th graders at his school?

HaileysMom07180

oh wow, i would press charges too, thats rediculous

aikimomof3

Why are 8th graders and 1st graders in the same school? Is this a really small town or something?

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Please learn to read the post...
I plan on pressing charges on the older kid/s who assaulated my son and who knows,maybe even press charges on the parents too.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

She can press charges against the kids. It says nowhere in her post that she wants to charge the parents.

Quoting ff-princess:

good luck pressing charges on parents who were not even present when the incident occurred.

teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

The definition of assault as, legally is this: 2.

Law. an unlawful physical attack upon another; an attempt or offer to do violence to another, with or without battery, as by holding a stone or club in a threatening manner.

intentionally threatening someone IS, by definition, assault. Battery is the physical contact.
Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Cornering his his not assault...BUT because the kid feared for his safety and was just trying to get aways it was in fact legal self defense. To the op what exactly do you think you can press charges on the parents for? They didnt do anything.

Quoting teal.blaze:

Quoting silverdawn99:

This

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Extortion is still a crime and considered bullying.  

Quoting silverdawn99:

They didn't though touch him

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

They cornered him and demanded his lunch money.  If this were adults, it would be considered mugging and assault.

Quoting silverdawn99:

That is not the same as physical violence

She will not have a case for assault since he hit first

Do i think its right? No but he did hit first

Quoting teal.blaze:

Quoting silverdawn99:

This

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have their little asses! 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Extortion is still a crime and considered bullying.

Quoting silverdawn99:

He hit first
That is what i am saying
He hit first. Not saying its right but he could also get on trouble for hitting first

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

How did he start it?  He was cornered and they tried to take his lunch money.

Quoting silverdawn99:

This

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)