Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Life support?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:20 AM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you want to be kept on life support or would you want them to pull the plug?

Options:

Keep me on life support

Pull the plug

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

I told my parents as a young teen that in the unfortunate event that I would be put on life support, I wouldn't want to live for long. They know that I wouldn't want to live if I wouldn't have a good quality of life. Keep me alive for 7 days so our out-of-town family/friends can say goodbye, pull the plug, and when I die, donate my organs. 

Here's why:

-if it weren't for that machine, I'd be dead anyways.

-It is expensive

-I don't want to be a burden to my family members

-If I do come back alive, chances of brain-damage are high

----------------

Would you want to be kept on life support or would you want them to pull the plug? Why?

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
unspecified42
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Depends on the situation and possible outcomes. Luckily DF and I have similar opinions about the circumstances under which we'd like to either live or let due, and he's in the medical field so I know he knows enough to make choices for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Only way I would want to be kept on life support is if it is for a brief period to recover. If I would have no recovery apart from a machine, then pull the plug.

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:54 AM
I have already told everyone pull the plug. That is my wish and hope they would respect it and not be selfish to leave me on. I do not want to be a vegetable that isn't really even there. Just because a machine is breathing for me does not make me alive. I said they can have a couple days as a what if and to say goodbye.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:54 AM

if I'm brain dead definitely pull the plug right away. but if there's still brain activity pull the plug after 30 days. that should be time enough for me to come back an still have some kind of life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Both. I would like to be kept alive until everyone who wanted to be there could be, for them to say good bye if they wanted, but I would not want to be kept like that long term

Youngmother456
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Look, if I'm am completely paralyzed and cannot move an inch but I am not on life support someone better smother me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Depends on the situation. I want to be given every chance to live, but if I'm most likely going to be a vegetable, then yeah, pull the plug.
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Pull the plug. I have a living will and my family is aware that I do not wish to EVER be on life support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN