Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I Stopped Being A Christian

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
I first began to "lose the faith", as they say, at a very young age.  It all came down to the fact that I did simply did not like this being that I was supposed to worship and fear.  When I was a child, I remember taking issue with the commandment "Thou shall have no other god before me, for I am a jealous god", (a) because of that last bit, and (b) because everyone seemed to overlook the fact that it said "no other god before me" (as opposed to "no other god but me").  Later in life, it was bits like this one that I took issue with:
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34–39 NASB)

Then of course I learned more about science and logic and it all seemed highly unlikely. :)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Byrd15
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:22 AM
3 moms liked this
As long as you are happy with what you believe in, and it doesn't cause harm to anyone, then that's what matters! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Um ok. So, is there something you want to ask or you just making a statement?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM
2 moms liked this

That has always been my thought.  Fortunately, that is the way my Christian parents see things too.  They are two of those rare parents who actually mean it when they say, "As long as you are happy and not harming yourself or others, I am okay with it."

Quoting Byrd15:

As long as you are happy with what you believe in, and it doesn't cause harm to anyone, then that's what matters! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:25 AM

If I wanted to ask a question, I would have asked a question. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:26 AM

you need to discover theology

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:27 AM

Why do you say that?

Quoting momaof8:

you need to discover theology

Byrd15
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Exactly.
My husband and I are Christian and were raised with the same manner that everyone believes something different, and that's ok. Im shocked that people can be so mean about it sometimes. And I love hearing about what different people believe in, it's very interesting! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

That has always been my thought.  Fortunately, that is the way my Christian parents see things too.  They are two of those rare parents who actually mean it when they say, "As long as you are happy and not harming yourself or others, I am okay with it."

Quoting Byrd15:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Emmakins84
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I've always thought the bible was bs. It wasn't until 3 years ago when my cousin's 12 year old daughter was killed. It hit me hard. The fact that people say God does things for a reason, only pissed me off. There was no reason for a young girl to die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:28 AM

OK...it just kind of stopped. Didn't really see the point to it is all. You took a couple verses out of the bible and decided it wasn't for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:29 AM

They were examples, and I did finish up by saying that ultimately I chose logic over mythology.

Quoting Anonymous:

OK...it just kind of stopped. Didn't really see the point to it is all. You took a couple verses out of the bible and decided it wasn't for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)