Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be okay with this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Your high school aged child goes to school in the next town over. The bus picks him/her up at 7:00 am every morning to be in class by 8:10 am.
In order to get to the bus stop your child has to walk, in a highly wooded area. The walk is 30 minutes, meaning your child has to leave at 6:15 am to ensure she/he makes it on time. You can‘t drive them because you start work at 5:00 am.
You have gone to the school, the school board and the bus company and they refuse to switch stops or fix the issue.
How would you react?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:58 AM

As the parent, I think it's up to you to fix the issue, not the school or bus company. Your kid isn't the only one that takes the bus. 

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Look into other options
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:59 AM

I can't imagine a school changing its bus route or bus schedule to accommodate a parent's work schedule.

smurfbitebug
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:59 AM
What is their reasoning behind the only available bus stop being a half hour walk from the child's house?
Is it out of district?
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

As the parent, I think it's up to you to fix the issue, not the school or bus company. Your kid isn't the only one that takes the bus. 

Baby5678
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Why does your child go to that school and not the one in your town?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:04 AM
The thing is- it ISN‘T the only stop. There is another stop that is a 10 minute walk away, however, they claim that the bus isn‘t for kids attending that school. There are numerous kids who attend the school on it though.

It is considered out of the distract.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

What is their reasoning behind the only available bus stop being a half hour walk from the child's house?

Is it out of district?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:05 AM
The child has learning disabilities and the local high school isn‘t equip for helping the child properly.

Quoting Baby5678:

Why does your child go to that school and not the one in your town?
xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:07 AM

No I wouldn't.

smurfbitebug
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand how that's possible. Either that bus stop, the one ten min away, goes to the kid's school or not. It can't have some kids in it that go to that school and some that go to another school. So what exactly do you mean?

And if the school is out of district it becomes your responsibility to make sure your child gets to either a bus stop or the school itself safely and on time. They aren't required to create a bus stop for an out of district child.

Quoting Anonymous:

The thing is- it ISN‘T the only stop. There is another stop that is a 10 minute walk away, however, they claim that the bus isn‘t for kids attending that school. There are numerous kids who attend the school on it though.

It is considered out of the distract.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Is it out of district?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)