Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who own guns *UPDATE*

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 386 Replies
4 moms liked this
What kind of gun do you have for yourself IF you have one? I just became a stay at home mom and my husband wants me to learn how to use a gun for self defense but all of the guns he owns are pretty big and I'm afraid to mess with them. I want to buy my own handgun but wasn't sure which type would be good for me. I was looking at the taurus 380. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT- Also can you add photos and info on how they shoot? How much kick, how accurate, etc.? Thank you!

*Update- So ladies I did buy a gun! I got a 45 acp springfield. I will try to post pics in a bit. I have a video of me shooting it on FB but not sure how to put it here.*
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM
5 moms liked this
I have a .45 mm spring feild xdm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Christy644
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:25 AM
3 moms liked this
I have a ruger SR9C. I love love love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I have a .38 special for my self protection
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
15 moms liked this

We just got our permits.  Once we get them in, we're going to go practice.  I won't own a gun without being comfortable using it.  Go to a gun range, rent various types to find out what you're comfortable shooting and carrying.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We have two Glock 19's one is our sons, one is ours.

a glock 17 and Smith and Wesson SD9 VE

I really like the Glock 19's.

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I don have one, but I would like to get a small hand gun for protection also.
AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Do they have a lot of kick???? Pics would also be really appreciated. I have NEVER shot a gun and to be honest I'm scared to lol but I have been doing a lot of research and my husband is right I really do need to learn. I'm afraid to like smack myself in the face with it when I shoot it haha
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this

just bought a springfield armory dx 9mm with a 4" barrel.  it's a beautiful piece, and fits perfectly in my hand.

my suggestion would be to do some research into what meets your criteria, and then go to the range and see which of those feels best in your hand.  you can rent a pretty big variety of manufacturers and models.

just_hc
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the Kel-Tec 380 and love it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I have a Taurus 22 and a number of shotguns and rifles.

I just sold my 380 back to my grandfather. ( he bought it for me. So when he asked me if I would sell it. So he could have. Matched pair I agreed) and we are now looking for a 9mm.

The 380 was great. But the price of the ammo was very high. So it was just sitting there. ( I use the .22 for target and personal carry)

Eta. I didn't have the Taurus 380 but a 380
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)