Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe I just read that!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 199 Replies
1 mom liked this

I need some good book recommendations. What's something you've read lately that's awesome? Are you in any book clubs? Does that help you have some motivation?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

bump

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone is a reader on here. Cafemom doesn't speak to you that's for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM
4 moms liked this

What kind of books do you like to read? I have a nook so I always go on the Barnes and Noble website and check out their discounted or free books. I read the description and look at the ratings and if it sounds interesting I read it. I'm a book worm so I don't really need motivation, reading is just a normal part of my every day life.

HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM

What type of book genre do you like?

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Emma & Me by Elizabeth Flock

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I read killing Lincoln and killing Kennedy.

I also just read master if disguise by Tony Mendez.

Great books!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm not in any book clubs, I just absolutely love to read, lol.  I'll list some of the really good series (and link them so you have the order) that I've read.

Janet Evanovich is a great writer.  I've probably read every single book of hers.  She's got a bunch that are in various series and a bunch that aren't.  The Stephanie Plum series and the Wicked series are my two favorite.  Also, with the SP series, if you read the little holiday novellas that are in between books, you'll find out about Diesel who is in the Wicked series.  They're women sleuth types of books, with a little bit of almost-romance/romance in them.

J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) is also really good.  The In Death series is more futuristic (2058, I think).  It's about a woman cop who had a crappy upbringing.  That's about all I can tell you without giving away too much of the story, lol.  If you can muscle through the first book, she starts introducing more characters and they get funnier as you go along.  Mostly they're crime solving, some romance and some humor.  I've enjoyed them. 

Another very cute read is by Shelly Fredman.  It's similar to the Stephanie Plum series, but there are a bunch of differences too.  It falls in line with the women sleuth stuff.  The book list is in the link, but she just came out with a new one called No Such Thing as a Lost Cause.  So tack that one on at the end of the list.

Those are three to get you started, but I also like a bunch of others.  There's Kat Martin, Carly Phillips, Lori Foster, Lori Wilde, Sherryl Woods, Sophie Kinsella (U.K. writer), Suzanne Brockmann, Brenda Novak, Julie Garwood, Linda Lael Miller and so on.  My library has helped a lot with finding new authors.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

miss_lisa
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Game of Thrones, I'm on book 4. They're great.

NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Right now I'm reading the Hobbit and I have the other Lord of the Ring books to read as well ^_^

Stephen King and Iris Johansen are 2 of my favorite authors

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)