Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

transgendered child using female restroom, even though he has male genitalia?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/us/colorado-transgender-girl-school/index.html?fb_action_ids=3828885379370&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%223828885379370%22%3A145734982258074%7D&action_type_map=%7B%223828885379370%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map=[]

This elementary school-aged child, who was born a boy but identifies as female, has dressed as female for quite a while, has been banned from using the female restrooms at school.  The school has offered to let the child use the gender neutral teachers' restrooms, or the nurse's restroom.

I'm just wondering what you think about this.  We don't have this issue at school, so I'm curious.  Would you be okay with a child that identifies as female, but has male genitalia, using the same restroom as your daughter?  Or vice versa?  Or is it more important to focus on, this child is female on the inside, so is it wrong for him/her (I'm not clear on terminology, I'm sorry) to use the male restroom?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
5 moms liked this

I agree with the school. You may dress and call yourself a she, but you still have a penis!? Its not right for REAL little girls to be possibly exposed to that.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like there aren't stalls in the bathrooms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, I wouldn't want him using the female restroom. He may feel he is a female, but facts are he still has  male genitalia and I don't think it should be okay for him to use the female restrooms with little girls.

Now, if he wanted to use the adult restroom, than I say go for it. ( sorry, I just don't believe in this transgender stuff.)

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
She wouldn't be exposed to anything, they go in stalls

Quoting Anonymous:

Because she has boy parts. Im sorry, but if i had a little girl, i would not want her exposed to that. I think the gender neutral bathroom will be just fine if shes against using the boys.

Quoting missymackie:

I don't see why they wouldn't let her use the female restroom

Kitschy
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
What would she be exposed to? Do they share stalls at your children's school?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because she has boy parts. Im sorry, but if i had a little girl, i would not want her exposed to that. I think the gender neutral bathroom will be just fine if shes against using the boys.

Quoting missymackie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktwister
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM

What can the other girls see? There are stalls with doors, that child is a girl with a penis. 

Medical research now shows being a boy or girl is not just determined by a body part.

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I saw something like this yesterday. Except they let the girl use the girls bathroom. I don't see a problem with it.
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I think it's sad that everyone Is so afraid of everything now that this is a huge issue. who cares. I would want my kid or any kid to be comfortable.
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM

This exactly...last time I checked, girl bathrooms have stalls.  So, what would the little girls be exposed to exactly?

Quoting missymackie:

She wouldn't be exposed to anything, they go in stalls

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting missymackie:

oceanus407
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
It's nice of them to offer the gender neutral restrooms. But she should be allowed to use the girls, at lease to keep her secret.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)