Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy $***, and i thought my dog was just being an annoying jerk!!!! **lawd edit!**

Posted by   + Show Post

he's outside sitting on the step, barking away, and i'm like, seriously Ernie, stop being a jerk. go to let him and this is what i see. and i didnt even have a gun, fil would be so dissapointed lol

there was a moose behind the house!!! lol Ernie was trying to keep it out of our yard and the moose just looked at him like, "Really dude? you do realise i am MUCH bigger than you?" and kept walking lol just taking a stroll through town....

lol you guys are funny. its just a "thing" you know, see a big buck with a huge rack and even though its not season or you dont hunt, you say "damn wheres a gun when you need one?"

i dont have any guns and i havent been hunting in years. lol its just an expression.

however yes, people do eat moose meat.

D.O.E. ~ Canadian mother of 3 boys, and happily (usually) married. we are expecting another boy in april!

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (51-59):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM

that's exactly what i thought too

Quoting jucyfrut:

LOL 

Makes me think of the show 'Northern Exposure'.  

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Did you ever watch that TV show Northern Exposure?  The opening credits had a Moose just sauntering thru the middle of town.  Those are BIG animals!  I hope you praised your dog for protecting you!

sewingmama88
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM

thats cool. i would love to see a moose. oh waite i have lol my dog's name is moose

ATL958
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
LMBO! I know, right? It's people like me that end up on the news.

.......But I just wanted to scratch its little bitty head!!!!

Hee Hee...I have my own little "bear" at home. ;-). She's an 80 lb. black German Shepherd. She THINKS she's a big tough black bear.

Quoting D.O.E.:

lol too cute! and listen, just.....stay away from the wildlife unless its in a zoo ok? just because something is cute, doesnt mean it likes people!!!! like little black bears. no hugging the bears!!!!

Quoting ATL958:

Good to know!

We're planning a trip to Vancouver. I doubt that there would be any in the city, but just in case I now know what to do!!

Thanks.

Quoting D.O.E.:

you will want to steer clear.

Quoting ATL958:

LOL! Now I'm going to have to see if my local butcher shop can get some!

Last question - if one comes up on you in the yard, are they dangerous? I know that is a stupid question, after all it is a wild animal. But, are they gentle giants, or should you stay clear because they can charge you?

Quoting D.O.E.:

lol well i guess it tastes like......well......moose meat, lol it does taste wild like deer. different from cow or buffalo. i dunno it tastes like moose! lol

Quoting ATL958:

I never knew that! I live in the south...there are no moose here.

I am a meat eater, so I have no issues with anyone hunting, if what they're hunting is in season, they have permits, they know how to use a gun, and they're going to eat the meat.

:-) OK, so my next question is, what dose moose taste like?

Quoting D.O.E.:

yeah it was cute, i dont know if it is a baby or not though. 

yes when fil goes moose hunting *IF* he gets one, and often he doesnt, then it is cut up into steaks and roasts, jerky, whatever. same like a deer but a good moose will certainly produce enough meat to fill your freezer.

and *I* dont hunt, lol, i was just kidding hun

Quoting ATL958:

Awwww! What a sweet baby.

Not bashing, just curious - what do you do with a moose if you shoot it? Do people eat moose meat?

Secondly, would you ever shoot an immature, young, moose?

Just wondering.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM

lol when we had farmer vision and there was nothing better to watch, lol and yes they ARE really big, once i realised why he was barking of course i told him GOOD BOY!!!! and was impressed that he stayed right by me and didnt chase the moose. VERY GOOD BOY!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Did you ever watch that TV show Northern Exposure?  The opening credits had a Moose just sauntering thru the middle of town.  Those are BIG animals!  I hope you praised your dog for protecting you!

grplovesjlp
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM
We live in florida - no moose here. I think they are beautiful creatures.

Quoting D.O.E.:

lol no worries, i dont have a gun or hunting license and im not sure if they are even in season, but my fil is an avid moose hunter, although half the time he doesnt get a chance to bag one, lol and he goes way up north too, lol and heres one walking through the alley behind he house lol just ironic

Quoting grplovesjlp:

Thats awesome. Oh please dont shoot it if he comes around again.

Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You said rack and Buck,lmafo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Did you ever see that article of the drunk moose that got stuck in a tree? It was eating fermented apples on the ground. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/08/drunk-swedish-moose-found-stuck-in-tree/

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I saw a couple of small ones when I was visiting Alaska. Even the small ones seem huge, I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured