Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to home-school my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
I want to home-school my kids, where do i start???
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fraujones
by Mommytron on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM

How do they feel about it? I was homeschooled and I hated it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM
My 9 year old says he doesnt care either way, but not sure about my 5 year old.
Alyia72
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM

My daughter attends k12 and loves it shes in 1st grade.  Its not like everyone thinks where they sit on a computer all day in fact there is very little computer work so far.  Most of it is one on one learning with the curriculum they send.  We like it because its structured and she has a teacher we meet with regularly who is always available if we need help.  They send you all the materials except your basic school supplies.  There are lots of events to attend and field trips where the kids can socialize with each other.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Is there a homeschool group in your area? That would be a good place to start. Your local library may have info. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My 9 year old says he doesnt care either way, but not sure about my 5 year old.

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to hslda.org to find out the laws in your state pertaining to homeschoolers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM
How can i get more info about that program?

Quoting Alyia72:

My daughter attends k12 and loves it shes in 1st grade.  Its not like everyone thinks where they sit on a computer all day in fact there is very little computer work so far.  Most of it is one on one learning with the curriculum they send.  We like it because its structured and she has a teacher we meet with regularly who is always available if we need help.  They send you all the materials except your basic school supplies.  There are lots of events to attend and field trips where the kids can socialize with each other.

snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
First what state are you in?

My son is home school and we are about to leave and see his 150 other classmates for a fun filled day of one hour if class followed by an hour if play, followed by an hour of class, switching back and forth from 11-2, and then free play usually until 5.

This week class science, they are making a volcano, one hour of play is actually fencing lessons, asl, art, and world culture.

We also have monthly field trips.

I do a combo at home of learning4time and different work books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
K12.com

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Alyia72:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyia72
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

www.k12.com they have both public and private school options in most states private you have to pay for the curriculum and public is free we do the public school option.  There are only a few states that dont have k12 but there are others similar to k12 like connections acadmey.  My daughter is doing really well with the program her teacher tested her just last month and said her reading and math level was the highest in her class.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Alyia72:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Check out the laws in your state, each state has different laws. There is a homeschool group on here too that is really helpful. 

edit. holy crap i can't type today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)