Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All these mental health post got me thinking. This is my confession.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I was diagnosed at the age of 13, granted that was about 7 years ago.
I have/had bi polar, odd, add, manic depressive and I exhibit masochistic personality traits. I used to cut myself, not to die, just to hurt myself.
I would put myself in situations that I knew would hurt me, I would get in trouble, then talk my way out of it.
I would do something I was told not to do and then tell who ever said not to do it all about it.
I would find people's buttons, easily, I could get under your skin in a heart beat, and I would. Until you exploded. Then I would make you feel guilty.

I was a total asshole.

I pushed people away when they wanted to help me, then I'd cry because nobody would help.

I still act like a small child sometimes, but in seven years I've over come a lot of that. People say it isn't something you can change about yourself, that it's hard wired in to you.
I have to agree, I will always battle with the way my brain reacts to things, but I've been a lot better with thinking about how I'm effecting those around me.
I've been able to say I'm sorry for how I acted and move on, though I will always bare the scars, and I can't undo the emotional damage I've caused to my family (mom, dad, brother ext.)
They know I'm sorry, and they know I'm trying my hardest.

That's all.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Hey the first step to change is admitting the issue. Proud of you for that.

Also, I think a lot of times, people can age out of rebellious, unpleasant personality traits. The brain isn't even fully developed before 21-25 I've heard.

You're young and have a full adult life ahead of you. Do you see any type of counselor or psychologist?

Good luck to you!
DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Keep trying, and good luck to you. My severe social anxiety came on the heels of a bipolar diagnosis and the realization that I am probably borderline as well, so I can understand the struggle against natural impulses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM

That is awesome that you have come so far. I have severe BPD, OCD,PTSD, anxiety, slight agoraphobia and sometimes it gets so bad it makes me physically ill. However my mother says I have come a very long way. Iused to cut as well. Like you not to die just to hurt. I wanted to so bad after my ex broke up with me and kicked DD and I out 2 weeks ago but I didnt! I used to fight with my mom for HOURS until sh e littlerly was drianed of all energy. I don't do that anymore. I like you still act like a small child sometimes. I cry at the top of a hat sometimes still. My mom and brother tell me all the time how proud they are of me but I know I still have a long way to go. Thank you for sharing your story!

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I am un medicated and I haven't seen a doctor since I was 16.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey the first step to change is admitting the issue. Proud of you for that.

Also, I think a lot of times, people can age out of rebellious, unpleasant personality traits. The brain isn't even fully developed before 21-25 I've heard.

You're young and have a full adult life ahead of you. Do you see any type of counselor or psychologist?

Good luck to you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN