Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you do anything UNUSUAL to save money?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 28 Replies

I'm not talking coupons something you think no one else does?

I don't think mines to unusual but I save change. I try to use cash instead of my debt so I get the spare change  I have a cookie tin that I throw it all in. I am also trying to Dollar for every week of the year thing but I turn mine into spare change so I'm not tempted to spend it.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM
3 moms liked this

when i was much younger, i used to freeze my credit cards in water in a tupperware.  that way, in the time it took to thaw out, it would give me time to think about what i wanted to buy and usually, the urge to buy went away. 

amandae21
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM

What does it mean to 'dollar for every week'? You mean save a dollar each week?

my4kidsrock2
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

We just started keeping a change jar around the new year and we have over $50 already. I love that thing! 

Even the kids add to it since we agreed that at the end of the year we would use any change in the jar for a family activity. At this rate we might be going to Disney World next year, lol.

EcoModernMom
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

i've hidden my money on myself before. or i'll fold it up, tuck in my wallet where i can't see it and i forget about it for awhile.

Western_belle86
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
3 moms liked this

I saw it on pintrest it's called the 52 week money challenge

Quoting amandae21:

What does it mean to 'dollar for every week'? You mean save a dollar each week?

Western_belle86
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

HAHA i do that also I try and hide my money from me but it doesnt seem to help 

Quoting EcoModernMom:

i've hidden my money on myself before. or i'll fold it up, tuck in my wallet where i can't see it and i forget about it for awhile.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I'm doing the dollar a week thing too. I usually round up so at the end of the year I don't end up with 500 singles. I also save $20 a week all year so if something comes up for the kids I have cash on hand. I pay all cash for their birthdays and Christmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Since my SO got his raise which is an extra hundred dollars a check we pull that out and put it in a bucket in the closet.
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM

DH and I save change. We do it in 5 year intervals before we cash it in. We probably have at least $1500 ATM. We have 2 more years before we do a final count. I can no longer lift the containers that we keep it in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I dont think i do anything unusual but i do have a big pickle jar that i fill up with pennies. Let me tell you. This lil town and its people looked at me funny when i told them i was lookin into cloth diapers. I dont really think they realize how much cloth diapering has changed since thier day. I also make my own laundry soap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)