Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Agree or disagree, Working moms are just pt moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you consider working moms pt moms?

Options:

yes

no

idk

I don't care

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 135

View Results

Before everyone gets all bent out of shape, I am not talking about the women who have to work to support their families, those women don't really have a choice but to pay someone else to watch their kids.  I am talking about the women who don't need to work bc their s/os or spouses make enough money for them to be able to stay at home with their young children but instead for whatever reason choose to work and put their children in daycare.  I think these women are doing an injustice to their families and if they didn't want the responsibility of raising children then they shouldn't of had them in the first place.  I am putting a poll for those of you who want to answer a poll but feel free to leave your comments as well.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes, but only if working dads are part-time dads as well.

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
No. All moms are full-time moms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Some women don't like being home all day, they like to work. My mom is that way. She's a sahm and hates it. I would rather be a sahm again, but I have to work
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, just like they have part time vaginas, ovaries, uteruses/uteri, and breasts.

So fucking stupid. 

No of course not. They are moms all the time just because they are not with their kids all damn day.

Doe sthat make sahm with school aged kids part time moms? Give me a fucking break.

Signed, 

An Irritated Stay at Home Mom.

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

DH makes a shit ton of money and I have been home for almost 6 years now. DD2 will be 2.5 or 3 when I go back to work. I want to work and I don't think it makes me a bad mom for wanting a career. While it would be nice to stay home till every last kid started Kindergarten it just gets old. I want to use my degree while its fresh and relevant. I guess I'm selfish for wanting to work, but whatever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM
If you're not raising your own kids then you're not a mom, just a mother.
brebugmom91
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM
No. Some women want the extra money. Big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Who cares why she's working u either think she's a pt mom or not. And why shouldn't a woman be able to being in her own money and have her own career. My Dh makes 30k a year. Can we live off this? Maybe but not happily or comfortably. Walk in my shoes before make assertions and judgements.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh, if you want to be technicalwe'll all be part time moms by the time the kids go to school. Hell, they spend more waking hours in someone else's care 5 days a week. How is that not part time?
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't understand how anyone could legitimately think that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN