Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a question for all you mommies! Edit 1****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Edit 1 Thanks everyone for your advice! Sorry I didn't get to respond to everyone individually I've been busy cleaning floors while the house is airing out and wiping everything down:) I decided to lay them a blanket down outside in the sun and put a few things out there to keep them busy but resting at the same time. There was coloring books/colors, army men,their little leap frog computers,a tunka truck,and a tea party set(I gave them fruit loops and little marshmallows and water to have a tea party with). I let them stay out there for about 30 mins. They got their fresh air and are now laying around the house watching cartoons. Again thanks ladies for your advice..it helped me alot!

Okay I should probably already know the answer to this question but I don't since I've had no mom to show me how to be a mom. And my mom is not someone a mother wants to be like. My three kids (5,4&2) are all sick:( my oldest has the flu and the two little ones have a cold and is on medicine to prevent them from getting the flu. Also my youngest tonsils are swollen pretty bad,we are waiting on a referral to the ears nose and throat doctor about having them removed.

Now to the question, today is warm out when it has been nothing but rain and cold weather here lately causing the kids to stay in all the time. Would it hurt to let them out side for a little bit to play and get a little fresh air? Or is it best that I keep them in until everyone is feeling better?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Maybe not strenuous playing, but a little fresh air couldn't hurt if it's warm.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Fresh air is fantastic medicine!

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't.  They need to rest.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this

fresh air can actually help. Just dont over stress them. a little play, then soup and snuggles.

twinmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Quoting dandylynes:

Anita1981
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you can absolutely let them play outside.  Fresh air is always good.

MrsWhite101610
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I know how you feel, my mother is the same way.

To answer your question if they want to go out I would let them, just dress them accordingly to the weather. And open all the windows, it'll let the fresh air in and germs out.

Hope they feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Fresh air doesn't hurt and they will be tired after playing so they wil nap pretty well after. As long as they aren't running around coughing, I would let them play for a bit.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
The one with the flu, I would keep in bed. However, the other two, I think it would be okay to have some quiet play outside. No running around, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I just hate having them cooped up in the house all the time. I know if I don't get out of the house it makes me feel horrible.

Quoting dandylynes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)