Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Essure?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

My husband and I have three kids and just had our last one 3 months ago. My Ob suggested Essure. I never heard of it before but looking up stuff it looks too good to be true.

Has anyone here ever had it done?

Is it really as painless and simple as it seems?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I personally wouldn't do it. I thought about it but decided against it.  My current OB will not do them due to risks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I personally wouldn't do it. I thought about it but decided against it.  My current OB will not do them due to risks.

what kind of risks? My OB said as long as I wasn't allergic to nickel there was no risk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Extreme cramping/pains

Fatigue

Flu like syptoms that never go way

Heavy bleeding

Essure has not acknowledged these issues and is not disclosing them.

There is a Class Action suit in the works against Essure, because of them not disclosing the side effects.

There is a Cafemom member who has wrote about her experience with it as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Really? How come my Dr isn't aware of this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Extreme cramping/pains

Fatigue

Heavy bleeding

There is a Class Action suit in the works against Essure, because of them not disclosing the side effects.

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I had no problems with it up until a year after I got it. It took my GYN a year after to figure why I was having issues with my Essure. One of my coils came through my Fallopian tube and was embedded in a muscle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Based on the information I got, I got my tubes tied instead... Only you can make this decision. Good Luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I have no idea why but I'm guessing he's based his knowledged on what Essure has reported, which they are not reporting the issues. 

A quick google search will lead you to several stories about issues Women have experienced.

My OB has done her own independent research, which is why she will not perform the procedure.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? How come my Dr isn't aware of this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Extreme cramping/pains

Fatigue

Heavy bleeding

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

I had no problems with it up until a year after I got it. It took my GYN a year after to figure why I was having issues with my Essure. One of my coils came through my Fallopian tube and was embedded in a muscle.

wow. I'm sorry

2lilladybugs
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I had it done. It was painless and simple. Though they reccomend resting for 24 hours after the procedure, I took my kids to a birthday party that same evening. I went to work the next day. I would have gone that night, but my boss said no. However, PLEASE make sure that you are 100% SURE you want no more children. IT CANNOT BE REVERSED. I regret having it done, bc I would love to have one or two more children. I had it done because I knew my marriage was over and didn't want to be a single mom to more than the two I already had. I have since divorced and have a wonderful man in my life and we plan to marry. He has no children of his own, but he loves mine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2lilladybugs
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I didn't know that when I had mine done. I have had the heavy bleeding since having it done years ago, but didn't think it was related. Wow. I do have more cramping too, with my cycles. Never thought it could be related. Just thought the change was because I was getting older. And often I'm beyond exhausted during my cycle time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Extreme cramping/pains

Fatigue

Heavy bleeding

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)