Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

edit!...Being a mom does not mean you can't shower!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a problem with moms who say they only get to shower every couple days because the baby takes up too much time. I'm sorry but that's just nasty and pure laziness! I have a 5 month old and I shower everyday! I will not let myself go. I take good care of my baby but I take care of myself too even if its just a quick 10 min shower. There was a discussion in my sons ddg and some were saying they haven't showered in days. Ewwwww seriously go shower!

Edit....
Sorry i just dont feel bad for those that say they have multiple kids and i only have 1. My grandma had 8 and she showered daily with no help. also there was no hot water in that time so for those that say they need hot water to shower that just another excuse.i understand those that have children with special needs i get it and thats fine. but the others with lame excuses need to shower. Also gor those saying they dont shower everyday because there hair will get damaged i dont wash my hair everyday but i shower everyday. Thats what showet caps are for. Im sorry but your body needs to be washed daily. Those that dont agree saying they dont get 10 min to take a shower are wasting those 10 min they have on cm meaning they really just dont want a shower.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Replies (101-110):
RoyalT26
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

eww and maybe u need to change ur circle up a bit LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
10 minutes is considered quick?
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
They're baby might be older and more mobile. Just a thought.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Right after I had my baby there would be a couple of days that I didn't shower, it was because she took up all my time and she was so clingy that if I were to shower even a quick 10min shower I would have to listen to her cry the whole time.  But the real reason was because I was suffering with PPD and it got pretty bad.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I agree that you can ususlly take a shower every day if you want to. For those who don't, it's not always laziness. I shower only every couple of days with a purpose. To keep my skin better, looking younger and my hair healthier. I would say there must be exceptions where it is nearly impossible to shower everyday.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I shower daily as well. I have 4 children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM
No i said my son due date group meaning all babies are around the same age

Quoting LilliesValley:

They're baby might be older and more mobile. Just a thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Its a cm group. My sons due date group.

Quoting RoyalT26:

eww and maybe u need to change ur circle up a bit LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Yep

Quoting Anonymous:

10 minutes is considered quick?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM
5 moms liked this
And for the ones saying 'A baby always sleeps'... God bless you for not having to know otherwise!!!! I would have prob taken the same stance when my day was younger, as he DID sleep well and was a very 'easy child'. Rude awakening 9yrs later when my dd came along!!!! She STILL dosent sleep through the night, and naps long enough for me to shower and get things done around the house without her right behind me tearing everything right back up are a luxury!!!! So be careful with the judging you do, you may very well find your foot in your mouth when your next lo comes along!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured