Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

edit!...Being a mom does not mean you can't shower!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a problem with moms who say they only get to shower every couple days because the baby takes up too much time. I'm sorry but that's just nasty and pure laziness! I have a 5 month old and I shower everyday! I will not let myself go. I take good care of my baby but I take care of myself too even if its just a quick 10 min shower. There was a discussion in my sons ddg and some were saying they haven't showered in days. Ewwwww seriously go shower!

Edit....
Sorry i just dont feel bad for those that say they have multiple kids and i only have 1. My grandma had 8 and she showered daily with no help. also there was no hot water in that time so for those that say they need hot water to shower that just another excuse.i understand those that have children with special needs i get it and thats fine. but the others with lame excuses need to shower. Also gor those saying they dont shower everyday because there hair will get damaged i dont wash my hair everyday but i shower everyday. Thats what showet caps are for. Im sorry but your body needs to be washed daily. Those that dont agree saying they dont get 10 min to take a shower are wasting those 10 min they have on cm meaning they really just dont want a shower.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Replies (111-120):
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Don't/didn't see that in your original post but that's fine. I'm sure its somewhere in the replies.

Maybe its not a big deal to them. Maybe they are sleeping when their baby sleeps, cooking, cleaning, etc. Their priorities are just different. As long as there isn't a strong odor issue I don't get the issue. Jmot.

Quoting Anonymous:

No i said my son due date group meaning all babies are around the same age

Quoting LilliesValley:

They're baby might be older and more mobile. Just a thought.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I shower everyday. I admit it was much easier when they were babies then when they became toddlers. But i still fit it in my daily routine.
littlemoments99
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I shower every other day. I don't get that dirty. I have never seen the need for everyday showers. My skin would get all dried out. I already have to put lotion on every night from washing my hands during the day. My hair is pretty clean though and is not oily.

I guess I could see taking a shower everyday if your hair is naturally oily or if you wanted to. I just don't like showers all that much. It's annoying to have to get dressed then undressed then dressed again. I always take showers at night so I can just get into my pajamas.   :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM

not everyone is the filthy pig that you are I guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Same here...I had PPD & anxiety pretty bad & was home alone with the baby most of the time. The sound of him crying for any length was too hard for me to deal with so sometimes I went without showers. It sucked but I survived and he is now a happy, healthy 4 year old.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right after I had my baby there would be a couple of days that I didn't shower, it was because she took up all my time and she was so clingy that if I were to shower even a quick 10min shower I would have to listen to her cry the whole time.  But the real reason was because I was suffering with PPD and it got pretty bad.

sydjademom24
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this
What the hell business is it of yours?? That's fantastic for you that you get to shower every day! You ONLY have a 5 month old that can't open doors...answer phones...sneak food....sneak out back while your in the shower!! I have 3 children ALL of them know how to open every door in the house... 2 of which can undo locks and baby gates and one of which answers the door when repeatedly told not to answer without an adult present! So excuse the hell outta me for taking the safety of my children over a shower! My husband works from 7am till he gets home at 8pm. Saturdays too. So he's not around to watch them so I can shower. I am a stay at home mom. I leave the house once or twice a week. So how on earth am I so nasty dirty that I would need to shower every day? Next they say showering every day dries your hair/skin out. Next after that not everyone takes a 10 minute shower!!! My hair is down to my butt.. it takes me at least 20 minutes if not more! You have no right to tell people what they should and shouldn't do in regards to showers!!!! You have no idea what other peoples home lives are like!! You should keep your opinions to yourself!!!!!!!!
JoaquinsMommie
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM

When I Had My Son I Was Taking A Shower As Well 
EVERYDAY And Now Hes Two And I STILL TAKE A SHOWER EVERYDAY I Will Never Let Myself GO 

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I agree.  I had a very high-needs infant with my first and showered every single day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM
the ones who do that probally didn't shower often before kids either. they just blame their laziness on the kids now
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I managed to get a shower in twice a day every day, even when he was a toddler. It's all about time management skills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN