Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a favorite child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you secretly favor one of your children over the other(s)?

busy mom

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM
18 moms liked this

I love all three of my babes so very much, but we all tend to favor the youngest because he is a cancer survivor and we came oh so close to losing him....that experience taught us to never ever take one moment of our children's lives for granted EVER!  We are thankful that he is cancer free and has been for 5 years.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM
9 moms liked this

Yes, currently it is my cat Salem.

mommyg97
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
No!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

nope....favor them both the same

sydjademom24
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 daughters and my husband says that I favor my middle daughter. When I had my oldest till the time she was 3-4 there was so much of my own crap and issues going on that I didn't really get a chance to bond fully with her. The middle daughter was partially the driving force for me to change my life. We just have this bond together. I can't explain. The youngest was unexpected. We thought we were done having kids. She's a joy though. I can't imagine life without any of them. They just all have their different personalities and the middle one is just very loving and a mommy's girl. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM
3 moms liked this

As our kids grow up they develop into their own people, with their own personalities, and likes etc....I love all my kids but the relationships can be different with each of them. Same for the gkids. Also at any given time one of them may need more of my attention so they may appear to be a favorite at that time, but that changes often too.

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think so... I love all three of my children dearly and differently. I may have a closer bond with my daughter then I do with my sons, but I don't think I favor her. I see the traits I always wished I had in her and I admire that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I don't think so... I love all three of my children dearly and differently. I may have a closer bond with my daughter then I do with my sons, but I don't think I favor her. I see the traits I always wished I had in her and I admire that.
Vamp
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a 10 t/o boy and a 6 y/o girl..they are both fabulous in their own way...I cant really say I have a favorite...Can't imagine thinking that i like or love one more than the other.

.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I wouldn't say I favor one more than another. But I do have a stronger bond with my first son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)