Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The first time you got pregnant...Update

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: With your VERY FIRST pregnancy was your VERY FIRST reaction more of a "YAY!!!" (10 on the excitement sacle) or an "oh fuck!!!!" (1 on the excitement scale)

Options:

10--Yay

5--meh

2--"shit, now what?"

1--"OH FUCK!!!"

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 747

View Results

planned? unplanned? IVF? Married? engaged? single? younger? older?

UPDATE: it is interesting to me that after almost 600 votes the "oh shit" and "oh fuck" (1 and 2) categories are exactly tied with the YAY! (9 and 10).

Just nosey today :-)

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Replies (61-70):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1. Unplanned. I was 14 and had an abortion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsherron
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

DD was sort of planned, we were married and had decided that if it happened right off that was fine. We were both excited, although DH was the one who couldn't wait to tell everyone. I was going to wait until after our first dr. appointment, he told everyone the day we found out.

Saintsational
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Married & planned. I still freaked out though.

Char-Bear
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Planned, married, young but had a miscarriage at 10wks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Dating Dh........Unplanned......unexpected......and wound up miscarrying. I miss her SO much! simple frowncrying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Unplanned at 16yrs old. An I was forced into having a abortion..

mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM
We were totally excited! The pregnancy was planned. We didn't know who would get pregnant doing it the way we did. (I'm a lesbian. And we had a 3some with a good guy friend. After lots of planning and talking.) Getting 2babies in one was a TOTAL shock lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Where's the "Oh well this is going to change a lot of things?"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand anyone who has no plan of action for their life.. or who were completely man-crazy.  Men are... such pigs for the most part.   And the girls who get PG too early always are the ones who want to get out of their parents house the most, it seems. They go from the frying pan to the fire!

My husband and I both worked when we got married,   bought property, completely paid it all off before we decided to try for babies.   We got a loan to build a nice house,  then had a family.

Planning and sticking to budgets,  waiting, education.... it seems not many even know what these things mean anymore.

AubreesMommy513
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I'm on my first pregnancy now and she was completely unplanned. I married my DH at 16 and I'm about to be 18. Even though we knew it'll be difficult, we were/are ecstatic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN