Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you still be with your spouse if.... Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies

Poll

Question: See Question

Options:

Yes

No

Other :)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 164

View Results

You never got married? If your spouse never asked you to marry them do you think you could have stayed? Or would you have left? Was your love deep enough that you could have been with them without the ring, marriage and union that comes with all of that?

Let me edit this now for the defensive ones. I assure you (as I did 2 others) that I did not post anything to be disrespectful. What I meant in saying what I did above is could you have loved the man you are married to now with out the title of being his wife. If the bond that you share with your spouse would have been enough to stay with them with out the benefits that marriage offered. That is all. No need to be disrespectful or get defensive.

Okay since I am so offensive or whatever (I do apologize for that) I am going to post this the exact same way that an anon posted it in the replies:

"Would you be with your husband if he never offered marriage? What does marriage mean to you and how would not having it offered change where you are in life?" 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Well 3.5 years later and a 2.5 yr old.... Id be ok if we weren't legally married. We are gettin married in April, but that's mostly bc I want the ceremony and such lol. It's not a requirement.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Nope. It has nothing to do with whether my love was/is strong enough either.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

No.  It was important to me that my children be born within a marriage.  

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Yes definitely! He asked me several times before I finally said yes...I was fine with not being married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I wouldn't have any children without being married 1st.
IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

No. It's against my religion to be with a man I'm not married to. 

That means we never would have had sex, never would have lived toghether, never would have had children. 

No thanks!!

Kitschy
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM

No I wouldn't have stayed. I wanted to be married before having children, if he wasn't interested in marriage, then he wouldn't have been interested in children. Now if something happened and I was single again, I would never remarry, so I would be happy to stay with someone without a proposal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
3 moms liked this

No, I couldn't be with someone who was unwilling to make that formal commitment to me. 

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't care for the way you worded your question. getting married doesn't mean your love is any less than those that never marry. there are good, logical reasons to legally marry that don't really have anything to do with love. i know if something ever happened to my husband, no one would question any legality. i'm his wife so i'd automatically make any end of life decision regarding his funeral and such, and be entitled to any life insurance.

taramac
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM
No, because I wanted children after I was married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured