Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my regrets

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

i don't know if its really about regrets or just about missing the experiences most others had. I went to high school from 9Th-11Th grade. I was a cheerleader but i wasn't really "friends" with many people in my school. I tested out early because i wanted to start college. When i started college that was my focus and nothing else so i didn't make many friends in college either. After i finished school completely my dh and I got married and started a family. So now Im a SAHM with only a few select friends. I constantly feel like i missed out on something but I love my life and family. Its hard to feel so lonely.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TugBoatMama
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I missed the fun of the selfish 20's myself. I wish I could go back in time, tell myself to grow a brain and wait until I'm the age I am now to have my kids. Don't get me wrong- I don't regret the kids I have. I just should have waited a lot longer than I did to have them.

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

what you really missed out on is a bunch of cattiness, backbiting, two-facedness.  I don't know that I would consider that a bad thing.

people who have a large group of friends are often not truly close with any of them.  if you have a small handful of true friends that you know you can count on through thick and thin, and who know they can rely on you when the need a shoulder to cry on or a partner in crime, then you're ahead of a great many people.  count your blessings, not your losses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM

i think thats another thing my husband is 7 years my senior so he had the time to experience more then i feel i did

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I missed the fun of the selfish 20's myself. I wish I could go back in time, tell myself to grow a brain and wait until I'm the age I am now to have my kids. Don't get me wrong- I don't regret the kids I have. I just should have waited a lot longer than I did to have them.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM

aw, you did not miss out on much!!!! What- being a drunken a-hole?  Getting STD's?  A baby before you were ready, and the courtroom and custody drama over child support?  Someone else's kid in your marriage? Always dealing with the other guy?

Just make a few GOOD friends now and count your blessings!!!!!!  Get out in your area and do some volunteer things-  make yourself part of your community and you will not be lonely!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM

i dont really drink either does my husband. I know the things i didnt do are things most people regret later. I just wish i did more before i settled down. but when I retire my kids will all be grown so Ill be able to make up for it and travel all other the place later on.

Quoting JanineDeer:

aw, you did not miss out on much!!!! What- being a drunken a-hole?  Getting STD's?  A baby before you were ready, and the courtroom and custody drama over child support?  Someone else's kid in your marriage? Always dealing with the other guy?

Just make a few GOOD friends now and count your blessings!!!!!!  Get out in your area and do some volunteer things-  make yourself part of your community and you will not be lonely!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured