Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The furniture placement is going to ruin my marriage!! Edit for pic on page 6

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
Ok so our living room is very small and awkward. We have 2 windows on one wall and one window on another then the wall with nothing on it.

The wall with the 2 windows looks out to the front yard and is also next to the front door. Yes this sounds weird. It's military housing. They suck at building functional living areas. Anyway...

We have a 55 in tv that fits between these two windows but extends over the windows by about 2 in on each side. With the couch on the wall opposite the tv.

This is the way I perfer the set up.

But dh likes it with the tv on the flat wall and the couch on the wall with the 2 windows. I can't stand having my back to the windows. I like to look outside.

So I rearranged the furniture to my way while he was at work and got super passed about it when he got home!! UHG wth?!?

And no we can't have our room any other way. The other wall with the one window would be fine. But the wall the tv would be against would block the entry way to the kitchen and front door. Think of this room as a closet it's pretty much closed off and rectangle shaped. It's like 10x8. Stupid house.

Anyway which way would you perfer if you had to chose? My way or dhs way?

Pic on page 6 or 7 of how it is currently
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I have a similar issue in my house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
3 moms liked this

i would prefer the tv on the wall WITH the windows.  i can't stand glare. 

christina0607
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM
4 moms liked this
I would choose your husbands way. I would never want to look into a TV that has windows flanking it. I also like couches in front of windows.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM

The glare on the TV from the windows would irritate the piss out of me. lol. I would have the TV against the wall with the windows.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Well the way our house faces we don't get sun in our tv regardless of which side we have it on. I just feel more boxed in in the living room if the tv is on the plain wall. I can't look at anything else.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

i would prefer the tv on the wall WITH the windows.  i can't stand glare. 

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM

DH's

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I'd prefer your husband's way. I hate having the couches facing the windows. Not sure why, I always just gravitate towards having the couches on the walls with windows. 

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Probably wouldn't care

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Your way. Daytime glare on the tv pisses me off. :p I'd want it against the windows, not opposite from them.
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Your way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)