Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ran into a total nut at target!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
I was shopping with my 4yo and baby was in a stroller. I open a freezer door and the lady at the door next to me scuzzes my 4 yo and says "excuse me" really rudely. DD was at least 2 feet away, but to be sure and to be polite I said "oh, I'm sorry, did she bump into you?"

Lady says "no. I just don't like you following me" ......um, ok. I kind of raise my eyebrows then go back to looking for my food while I try to remember if I'd seen this lady on another aisle. We'd only been there a few minutes and I really didn't think so.

Then she makes a rude "ugh" sound and scuzzes me off. I made the mistake of glancing at her and she says "I don't want you following me everywhere I go!" I said "lady, I have never seen you before in my life!" She replies "that doesn't matter. Shame on you! Exploiting those children! Shame on you."

At that point I grabbed DDs hand and said "honey, lets go, that woman is crazy and I don't want you near her" the lady was turning away and leaving then, too. We were in a hurry anyway so we got out of there.

I know I should have shrugged it off as someone who was either totally screwing with me, or truly does have something going on upstairs, but either way didn't know me from eve. But I couldn't. I was looking out for her til we pulled out and I shook the whole way to drop my DD off at class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:02 AM

What the heck does "scuzz" mean?

Yeah, that woman was WACKO!

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM

wow... I think you DID encounter some one not in their right mind.   Good thing you left and didn't confront her!

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
And to think this didn't happen at Walmart!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Yikes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I would have given her a good verbal beating.
momof2891
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Dang! Looney tune escaped from the crazy farm! I have had our town's crazy cat lady do something similar to me in Walmart. This woman had two carts full of cat food and litter. I made the mistake of saying excuse me when I walked in front of her to get around her. She looked at me and yelled stop following me I don't know you go away you're crazy. My 6 year old looked me and said momma is she crazy? I politely answered that's not nice but probably so let's keep walking. Scary!!
Mommy2Phenley
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Like when someone gives you a really rude look, usually looking like they are smelling something nasty. It's not a very attractive look and the rudeness is not veiled in the slightest.

Quoting Anonymous:

What the heck does "scuzz" mean?

Yeah, that woman was WACKO!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:43 AM

I would have called her a dumb b@tch.

I_luv_my_boys3
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:47 AM
I would've been like "honey that is why we stay away from drugs!" LOL JK!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Sounds like she was on drugs and paranoid. Or she may have had a mental issue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN