Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh s***! Twins really? WTF!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

We were TTC for another but this is a huge surprise! I went in for ascan (Im almost 25 weeks) to see why I was carrying so big, they were thinking extra fluids since I had a scan at 8 weeks and only saw one bub. I was just laying there and the tech said "We have a boy! oh.. and another BOY!" OH MY FLIPPING LORD YOU CANT BE SERIOUS!!no one but close family knows I am pregnant I have kept it off facebook, someone questioned from a photo that kinda showed my bump and I said no and upload a early pregnant pic of my in my "New" swimmers, since I had a miscarriage scare at 5 weeks and decided to keep it to myself until around 24-25 weeks and now its twins! I'm so scared ! I'm due June 15th and already have a 2 year old son!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:31 AM
4 moms liked this

YOu are 6 months pregnant with twins and no one has noticed?  You didn't have a 16 week ul;trasound? They never heard 2 heard beats?

Jaybabies10
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Congrats!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:31 AM

Wow!! What a happy surprise! Congrats!!

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Congratulations!
KaylasMama11
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM

AWESOME! congrats!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:37 AM

No I had a 8 week dating scan and chose not to have the downs scan, I am also carrying twins but I am not that "big" I thought I was just bigger because its my second pregnancy. We never heard a heartbeat until 19 weeks from either of them and then our doctor never checked for a second!

Quoting Anonymous:

YOu are 6 months pregnant with twins and no one has noticed?  You didn't have a 16 week ul;trasound? They never heard 2 heard beats?

CrystalPystol
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Congrats!

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:44 AM
A doppler should pick up two heart beats automatically.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I had a 8 week dating scan and chose not to have the downs scan, I am also carrying twins but I am not that "big" I thought I was just bigger because its my second pregnancy. We never heard a heartbeat until 19 weeks from either of them and then our doctor never checked for a second!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Congratulations! I have 3 yr old twin boys. They were a big surprise. We weren't planing any more kids and then surprise im pregnant. Then got a big surprise saying it's twin boys. If you have any questions about twins, feel free to pm me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bowribbonmama:

A doppler should pick up two heart beats automatically.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

If they didn't hear a heartbeat before 19 weeks-they would have done another ultrasound. The 16 week scan is not a Downs scan-it is one of the ones that is mandated by most insurance companies-it looks for all kinds of things-including things which would need to be corrected in utero, or require medical intervnetion-you can't just "skip" it. It is an important diagnostic tool and not optional-especially if the baby's heartbeat can NOT be heard!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)